Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

1/07/2009

In my pj's...

...at 9:30 and SOOOOOO happy about it! Ash is too. We haven't moved much this morning and are enjoying being lazy for just a little bit. If feels so good to not have to be up, showered, dressed, hair done, etc., etc. I love knowing that not one single person is going to be knocking on our door to come in today. We get to sit around in our jammies for as long as we want. Yeah us!!!

We arrived home around 6:30 last night. To be exact we pulled into town 42 minutes past our scheduled time to return the rental car. Oh, well. We tried to make it in time. There was an accident that re-routed us and sent us on a 45 minute detour across some country roads and through some farm lands. I was just thankful to be safe and not involved in whatever was going on up ahead of us. I think I'll gladly pay the extra 183.86 this time and be glad for being able to return their car in one piece.

Ash I don't plan on going anywhere today except to the carpool line. Instead we are going to do some laundry, some dusting(you should see my light fixtures. Never mind, you shouldn't see my light fixtures), and unpacking. The house is still covered in Christmas and that makes cleaning a little happier for me until I realize that the rest of the world has packed it up and that I'm expected to do the same very soon. I just don't see what's wrong with keeping that tree in this living room all year long? I mean its just cozy in here with the glow of the lights. It's going to be really empty and a little sad once I start to pack it up. Anyway, we will be cleaning this house with a smile on our faces and a song in our hearts today. I told Dave last night that I didn't mind the mess one little bit. I'm so happy to be home and have the opportunity to put things in their places. Ash is going to do lots of playing as she explores the pile of toys she received for Christmas. We left the next day and she hasn't even figured out what she got yet.

It was such a blessing to lay in our bed this morning and listen to her play in her crib over the monitor. I love that. I love knowing that she was home in her own crib and that I was snuggled under the blankets in my own bed. The kids and Dave snuck out the door without even waking us this morning and although I feel a little guilty about not being up while they were getting around I was so tired I wasn't even aware it was happening. I got about 4 hours sleep between the drives and apparently that wasn't enough. Sleeping in didn't happen on purpose this morning it just happened and I'm thankful they all let us.

At some point this morning she'll get a bath and a shampoo and so will I, but for now we sure our loving our pj's and the opportunity we have to still be wearing them at this hour.

By the way, I want to say thank you to our friends in Florida for the little bit of "pixie dust" we arrived home to. They are beautiful and I love them! You made coming home for us even more special. Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness. You really blessed us.

Have a great day. Trish

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home