Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

1/09/2009

Dumping

I know it sounds awful, but thats what they call it. When your bowel puts out to much stool into your ostomy its called dumping. Anyway, I've come to hate that word. Really, really hate it because once it starts it usually means bad things are headed our way.

This morning I woke to find Ash's bag full. Really, really full. Dumping. Ugh!!!

I hooked up replacement fluids and began them immediately. She hasn't required any replacement fluids for over a week so healing was on its way. At least I thought it was. So what do we do now? We hold our breath. We wait. We don't panic. We pray. We do everything in our power to will the dumping to stop and then realize that its only by His power that it can.

So this morning would you join me in praying that her dumping would just stop. I mean just stop! I can't take this emotional roller coaster her poop drags me on. One day she's fine then the next she dumps. Its wearing me out. To think that poop rules our world. It really and truly does.

She's comfortably sleeping and unaware of all this nonsense. Thankfully one thing I've learned is that she can dump in Texas just as good as she can in Nebraska and they have no magic or no tricks to make it stop(contrary to what some would like us to think). Trust me we've spent the majority of the fall and winter there this year because of her dumping and all they can do is wait it out. We are just praying it slows down enough to keep us here and not put anyone on alert. Your prayers would be greatly appreciated. Trish

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home