Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

4/07/2009

"Definitely Something is Going On"

The stomach is fine. The esophagus just mildly irritated, not a big deal. The distal bowel(leading down to her native colon) is fine too. Its the proximal bowel(the transplanted organ that leads back up toward the stomach) where the surgeon KNOWS there is something going on. What that is he isn't sure. He said it is irritated, sluffed, mucousal shifting, ulcerated, inflammed, and what more can be said. The preliminary reports will be in by Friday morning. Whether its rejection or infection or rejection-infection we don't know until pathology decides.

Personally I'm feeling sick. Really, really sick at this moment. Its going to be a long week and then it all begins again.

If it is rejection, and if they want to treat with steroids, then I will do everything humanly possible to have that treatment done here. Its going to be a battle, but one that I am convinced will be worth the fight. Whether or not they will want to begin treatment with steroids is a decision our transplant team will have to make.

Please pray for our Ashley, for our family, for everything. This ride is more than exhausting. There have been very few days of internal peace. Our hearts are continually burdened and heavy with thoughts of rejection and leaving home at any moment. I am doing my best to hold myself together on a daily basis and keep life as normal as possible for our children. All 3 of them deserve nothing less from me. Life, day in and day out, giving them the opportunity to grow up together in our home with two parents. I desire nothing more. I don't need a lot in this life. Just the 5 of us in the same state close enough to maintain our relationships. My heart is pounding out of my chest at this moment. I think I'm going to be sick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home