Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

4/02/2009

Listening In...

...I know its not polite, but I couldn't help myself. Its got me giggling from the other room hoping he doesn't catch me enjoying this escapade as much as I am. Its just too funny.

Beep...Beep...Beep...Beep...Beep..."What is going on in here?" "Why is everything beeping?" "What did I do wrong?" over and over again I'm listening to these phrases from the other room. I hear him get up and almost make it to the door and then...Beep...Beep...Beep. I'm so cracking up!

The baby is crying, the daddy is too(not literally, but I can here the frustration mounting) and I'm laughing. Really, really hard.

When I left the room the baby was all tucked in her bed, holding a baseball tightly in one hand(I've tried baby dolls and its just not happening. The girl prefers a baseball and it makes her brother smile from ear to ear.) and rubbing her sleepy eyes with the other. All she needed was to be connected to her TPN and fluids and kissed goodnight. I prepared the TPN and handed it off to her dad to hook it up. Thats when all this nonsense started.

At first I heard her start to cry. A broken hearted cry. Somehow she had her heart broken and the crying was just too much. "What happened to her? What did you do to the baby? She was all ready for bed."

"I told her no. She's grinding her teeth and there going to break off!"

"You can't tell her no. It breaks her heart. What were you thinking?"

"Well, I did and now she's crying."

Then the beeping started and the baby was still crying and the daddy was frustrated and couldn't figure out how everything fell apart so quickly. Me? I'm still laughing and typing from the other room. He broke it...he's got to fix it. The baby and the infusion pump.

Goodnight guys. Tomorrow's the big day. I don't imagine I'll be sleeping much tonight. You know with the crying, the beeping, and the thoughts running through my head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home