Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

7/10/2009

Settling In

We are finally beginning to settle in a little. Things are finding their way out of boxes and the floors are beginning to find their way out from under the boxes. We such a long way to go, but with a freshly painted dining and family room I feel much better about things. The kitchen cabinets are next, but will have to wait another 10 days or so because Blake and I are heading out. Today!

Blake and I will be spending the next 10 days playing baseball in Tulsa, Ok and Dave and our girls are staying home. I still can't believe I'm going to do this, but I am. To have this time with my son is going to be absolutely priceless and I know we will make memories that my heart will hold on to long after he is grown and on his own. But...my girls...are staying here. Allison has art camp next week and if you know anything about my beautiful Allie then you know its a BIG deal and not something to be traded in for 100 degree temperatures and dusty ball fields. My Ashley? For the first time in her life I will be spending more than 36 hours away from this child. My heart can hardly conceive that I will not see her for over a week, but I know the temperatures and schedule would be way too hard on her. So she's staying home with her daddy and her nan and their going to make the best of it.

How is our Ashley? Wonderful doesn't even begin to describe this child. She is so much more than wonderful. What fun her daddy and I have with her! The smile on her lips and the twinkle in her eyes bring us such joy. "She's just SO happy". I hear this every day from Dave's lips. Its true. She is just so happy. Our little one is quickly approaching 4 years old and if I concentrate on that for too long I become so overwhelmed with gratitude and amazement that tears sting my eyes. What a celebration we are planning for this child! I'm so excited and there is SO much to do before that special day. I know it will all get done. Somehow it will. I just have to take this little 10 day jaunt to Oklahoma with Blake and then I will be back in full party planning, home remodeling, house unpacking mode. I promise I will.

As for the Internet? We STILL have none. Its 10 days late and they promised to come out tomorrow to get us connected. Not so sure its going to happen, but hopefully it will.

Two more hours until Blake arrives home from church camp and we load up to leave for the tournament. I've still got lists of things to accomplish, but wanted to swing into our office to let you guys know were still here and still settling in. Hope your summers are blessed. Talk to you soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home