Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

1/07/2010

On the Brain

You know you've got it bad when you can't sleep at night for images of defense running through your head. I have got a serious case of basketball on my brain and am having a hard time turning my mind off each night as I attempt to find sleep.

Its happened to me before. In years past. Like...many...years...past when I played. I just never thought I'd be experiencing it again. My stomach is full of butterflies as I anticipate today's game. Honestly, its ridiculous. Funny how a game such as basketball can reduce me to feeling like a kid again.

Allie and I are headed over to Henderson to play this afternoon. I have no idea what to expect. Just hoping that my girls are ready to play. Blake has a game here at home around the same time. For the first time in his life no one will be there to watch him play. I think that is adding to my "sick at my stomach feelings" today. He assures me its "no big deal" and then grins as he adds, "Its probably going to start happening a lot since Allie's all grown up and just as busy as I am." Well, I'm doing my best to not let it happen a lot. Dave's working late, grandma is sitting with Ash and I'm coaching, so that leaves Blake on his own at the gym tonight. It makes me feel like a bad parent. It really does. I hate not being there for him and hate not being able to watch him play. I just can't do anything about it.

So other than Ash's classes and therapies, an office remodel and all the chaos that goes along with being displaced for a month or so, we've got basketball on our brains for the next few weeks as we anticipate the beginning of new baseball and soccer seasons that will be here before we know it. Not much else happening as our new year begins. Just the same old stuff that we love.

Hope your new year is off to a good start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home