Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

12/16/2009

Rub a dub dub

Its only 8:30 and guess where the gherkin is? On the floor of the bathroom! AGAIN! I can't keep her out of there. If you've been with us for any length of time you might remember the days when Ashley Kate was TERRIFIED of baths? Yeah, well those days are LONG GONE. She wants to bathe every day, all day and all night long. Not sure what she loves about them, the water? the whole getting to be naked thing? or the fact that her bags and tubes are removed? Whatever the draw its getting almost comical.

I spend my day pulling her out of Allison's bathroom. When the door is closed she knocks and bangs as if she were 14 waiting on her turn. She slings a slur of curses with her cries and I can only giggle as I try and imagine what she is yelling at that door.

Late last week I had removed her from Allie's bathroom for the oh lets just say the 100th time. I shut the door and took her back into the nursery. She was quiet for a while, so I didn't worry. I just thought I had finally won the bath battle of the day. When I went to check on her to see what she had decided to play with I stumbled upon my four year old, sprawled out on the hard wood floor, in front of the bathroom door, with her pants wiggled down to her ankles, and her diaper unfastened! As I began to giggle she looked up at me and signed, "BATH" with more attitude than I have probably ever witnessed from her. I was laughing so hard I was crying. I had NO idea that she could remove her own clothes. So of course I was proud. What mom wouldn't be.

Well, guess who's banging on the bathroom door? Here we go again. I wonder how long this little fascination is going to last? I just wonder. Wouldn't it be nice if we had nothing to do but soak in a tub all day long. Well, sweet Ashley, life doesn't work like that and you've got responsibilities just like I do. Your therapist will be here soon.

Have I shared with you how very much I love this little girl? Just thought I'd mention it in case it had been a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home