Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

7/26/2010

Concentrating

... be careful for nothing (what does that mean?), but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

and the peace of God, that passeth ALL understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

finally, brethren whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of GOOD REPORT, it there be any virtue, if there be any praise, thing on these things. Phil. 4:6-8

This morning I am concentrating on these versus. I really like the part that tells me to make my request known unto God. I also am partial to the part about peace that passeth all understanding. I could use a dose of that in my life this morning. I haven't really been feeling that peace lately with my lack of understanding what is happening to Ashley Kate or why. So today I don't want to discuss all that is bad in her body. All that is going wrong this morning. All that scares me and pains her. I want to be happy. About something. Anything. So...

I have plugged in a yummy, fresh refill of our Hawaiian Breezes scent. It can be smelt down the hallway in the PICU =). I have a lovely classical cd playing for Ash with her ocean scenes DVD going in case she opens her eyes today. I will be securing the caterer and ordering the last of the details for Ashley's party. Her invitations should arrive this afternoon and I will address them and get them sent out. I will be viewing the banquet room and sketching the plans for the layout this afternoon and I will concentrate on making the best out of heartbreaking situation for my family and my daughter. My heart is so blessed knowing that my siblings and their families will all be traveling here for Ash's birthday celebration. I can't tell you how much it means to me that people are planning to attend. I have no idea if I'll ever get to have another party for my baby and to see those who are making it their priority that weekend has blessed the hearts of this mommy and daddy.

I'm holding back any tears today. I'm concentrating on the verses above and I'm hopeful that a miracle will begin taking place inside our Ashley's body this very moment. I'll check in with you all later. I'm putting the finishing touches on the guest list. We have several precious friends here in Omaha and the surrounding areas that I don't have addresses for so please just know that if you would like to attend on Saturday, Aug. 7th at 6p.m. that you are MORE than welcome. We would love to see you here. LOVE to see you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home