Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

11/16/2010

One of my favorites

Tonight will be written into my heart as one of my favorites to carry with me into the days when Ashley Kate and I will be living apart from the family.

Nothing special took place, which made it all the more special.

Lights twinkling on the tree. Working on a Christmas puzzle in the family room. Watching Elf with Dave and all three kids. Listening to Ashley Kate giggle as the jack in the boxes popped up and scared Buddy. They scared her too each time they popped out, but the anticipation was so great it caused her to giggle. Dinner in the oven. Blake falling asleep on the couch. Allie snuggled under a blanket. Ashley on her daddy's lap. It was just us being us and enjoying the time we are being blessed with.

It was definitely a favorite that I will be filing away to take with me. I hope to make a memory every single day with these amazing people. Life hurts right now. It hurts really, really bad. Still I know that experiencing the pain is making the pleasure all the more precious to my heart.
Feeling blessed tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home