Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

3/21/2011

Just enough

Her fever is not enough to warrant cultures just yet, but its just enough to make her miserable. She's had this low grade fever for more than two days now. Its concerning. Really concerning with her central line. Culture orders come when it hits 101.3. So far its lingering around 100, but Ashley Kate's normal base line temp is 97. She's aching and fussing and overall miserable. Very few smiles coming from her and that's not normal.

I have appointments scheduled for the week. First one is tomorrow morning here in Longview. I'm sure we will be able to get orders for a line culture even if it doesn't technically go high enough. I just want to check her out, possibly CT her head to see if the infection is lingering and perhaps causing the symptoms to reappear. I'm hopeful its not. I'm hopeful this all disappears. She's had two weeks off IV meds and I'd like to keep it that way if possible.

She's sleeping a lot. Playing very little. Over all lethargic. Just enough going on to make her feel bad and keep me concerned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home