Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

3/14/2011

18

Yesterday Dave and I celebrated 18 years. Wow! We have now been married to each other for as many years as we had been without each other. Crazy when I think of it like that.

We decided the biggest accomplishments of our married lives of the last 18 years could be summed up in 3 words...Blake...Allison...Ashley. A huge smile crossed my face when we decided that. They are the best things we have ever done! So...the 5 of us went to dinner to celebrate. Together. Thats the way we like it. I wanted to share with them that they were in fact what we were most proud of in our married life.

Its been an adventure. This past year one of the hardest. No denying that. The stress and the pain of these days is undeniable, yet through each one of these days we are still here together. Figuring it out to the best of our ability together. It hasn't been easy. We still find ourselves trying to pick up the pieces of our lives post ex-plant and pre re-listing for transplant.

Dave, you are undeniably my favorite person in the whole world. You remain my closest friend. You still have the ability to make me smile every single day. I love how hard we laugh together. I love spending this life together. I love parenting our kids together. I love loving on our sweet Ashley together. Thank you for being the man you are. Thank you for having the character that you do. Thank you for picking me:) I love you, I admire you, and I like you! Even after 18 years I can honestly say that I like you. You are my best friend. Through it all I know this one thing...we are going to face it together. The good days and the not so good days. I love you. I really do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home