Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

3/03/2011

My Teens

Every day I witness my son become more and more like a man and less and less like a child. His character and his presence in our family bless my heart beyond description. Today I was thrilled to be at that field, cheering him on, praying him through, and supporting his dreams. Each day, each game, each pitch, and each swing bring him one experience closer to being who he dreams of being. I love this young man. Of all the kids in the all the world if I could choose only one to be my son I can say without a doubt that this is the one I would choose.

Blake, you made me proud today. Again. It was such a blessing to watch you take another step in the right direction. You caught an incredible game and pitched even better than you caught. You know who you are and what you do best. I'm so proud to know you are mine.


This not so little girl never ceases to amaze me. Wow! There are no words to describe how incredibly tough our Allie is. Losing is not an option. Sore throat, head cold, bum knee...nothing stops her. Nothing. I've said it before, I'll say it again...I wish I had what she has. I wish I was more like my daughter each and every day. She is who I want to be when I grow up! Crazy, I know, but its true. I love her so much.

Allie B., how you do what you do I'll never know. You won that race out of pure determination and a desire to be your very best...the very best. I'm so proud to be your mom and I'm so grateful to have made it in time to see you win it. You are too ornery to allow another runner to pass you and I LOVE that about you my sweet girl. I love you so much and what a joy it was to run around the outside of that fence cheering you on. You make your mom proud.

This journal is written for my children. For a record of our journey during the life of our sweet Ashley Kate. The five of us are walking this path together. Growing together. Loving our baby to the best of our ability through the hardest of days. We are parenting our children with every ounce of everything we have to offer. I love being their mom. LOVE and treasure each day, each experience, with each one of them. What a blessed life I am living. I spent today with my big kids cheering them on as Ashley Kate took walks, played outside in the sunshine, and splashed water with her nan. It was a good day in our little part of the world.

I am grateful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home