Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

7/14/2011

Being cute


Last night I turned around and found Ash hiding underneath the table in our foyer. I watched her for a long time trying to figure out what she was up to.


When I asked her what she was doing she did this. Then she peeked around the corner of the leg to see if Allie was watching. For some reason she thought we couldn't see her underneath there. So cute!



I stared at her for a long time and just thought to myself how very cute she is. She is just so stinkin cute. I love this big girl so much! Yesterday I visited with some new moms in one of the waiting rooms who were holding the tiniest of baby boys. They shared with me that they were both born weighing about 2lbs each. I giggled to myself and then told them Ashley Kate was born weighing about the same. They were stunned. "She looks so good! She is SO big. I would have never guessed." There was no need to share the craziness of her life with complete strangers. It would serve no purpose. I just smiled and nodded because she does in fact look so good and she is SO big. Almost 6! Unbelievable to me when I think about all the "rest". God has shown mercy and given us an amazing 6 years with our girl and those 6 years are laced with wonderful memories.

Sometimes its fun to focus on her today and not worry about her tomorrow. I just catch myself watching her play and listening to her giggles and I make a point to take a mental snapshot of those moments. Last night I grabbed the camera to capture the moment on film as well. She was just being cute. So cute!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home