Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

8/28/2011

Quiet

Its quiet on the blog. I don't really have a good explanation for this except to say I'm processing a lot of thoughts that I just don't know how to share. Not with the world, not with my family, not with anyone.

Life has amazingly become normal...for now. Its not really normal when you look between the lines, but its my normal and I'm ok with that at this time.

I'll talk when I can...I mean write when it comes...but for tonight...its still quiet over here while I work within my own heart trying to prepare for the next legs of this journey.

I received a copy of a report this past week that has me reeling. Really it has silenced me and trapped me inside my own thoughts, fears, wonders, worries, and questions. Ultimately it will lead me to a decision that I may or may not be able to live with depending on the outcome. So as I work my way through it...I'll remain quiet.

Strange isn't it?

By the way, Ash is making her way back from this last infection. She's happy. Smiley. Exhausted from the toll it has taken on her liver and the progression of its disease, but she's getting back to her old self. Just requiring a lot more rest than usual. Still on IV antibiotics round the clock... but the latest cultures came back clear. I'm grateful. More blood work tomorrow. Taking it one day, one infection, one hurdle at a time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home