Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

3/19/2012

To Whom it May Concern...

...when referring to my youngest daughter be very careful what you say and who you say it too. Your unkind, cruel, thoughtless, ignorant comment, the other night didn't make you look cool in front of your friends. Quite the contrary...you looked like a fool.

Your words stung the heart of my 14 year old beauty and I'm so very grateful she didn't have to face your cruelty alone. She turned her head, hid the tears that stung her eyes, and allowed her friend to shut you up. I'm so very thankful that he did. Just like her daddy and I had hoped this young man would he did his best to protect her from anyone who would hurt her. He did his job well.

If you had ANY idea how amazing that, "...retard in the wheelchair" to quote your exact words... is or HOW much she is loved and adored you may have kept your opinion to yourself. If you had any idea how much your carelessly spoken words would hurt the girl you were trying to impress I can only assume you may have thought twice about saying them. You didn't come across as cool. You came across as heartless.

In the future I can only hope that you might remember this night, and how hard it was to swallow the taste of your own foot.

I'm thankful my son was on the field that night and not anywhere close enough to hear you run your mouth about his baby sister. For your sake...I'm thankful.

So to answer your question let me say that "retard in the wheelchair" is Allie's baby sister, Blake's favorite person in the whole world, and everything to our family. She will be attending many, many baseball games in the next 2 and 1/2 years so get used to seeing her there. She's part of our family and has EVERY RIGHT to be there cheering her brother on. As far as I'm concerned you can stay home!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home