Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

8/16/2013

Just a Peek into Last Week

I'm going to share just a few images, a little peek into Ashley Kate's "There's NO place like home" birthday party.  I'm hesitating to share too much since I'm waiting for the professional images to be sent.  I know sweet Katie captured some amazing shots and I want to share those with all of you.

There will be a detailed post coming up in the future.  I'm hopeful over the weekend I'll take a few moments and work on it, but this morning I thought I'd show you just a small glimpse into what we prepared for our sweet Ashley Kate and those who joined us in celebrating her birthday.

It was an amazing party.  One of my all time favorites for sure.  My only regret is that Ash was not feeling very well and couldn't really enjoy it.  If only we had celebrated her 8th birthday back in March or even May then I think it would have turned out differently for her.  I'm amazed at how quickly things have changed and how different life is for us all now.


Another incredible cake creation from my very talented sister.  She seriously blesses me each and every year with what she designs for Ashley Kate's birthdays.


The cast and stars of our little party.  We were SO blessed to have this amazing group of young people at Ashley's party.  They made it so fun for all the kids.  It would not have been the same without the characters.  Thank you, thank you, thank you for all doing such a great job!  Every single one of them was absolutely perfect and in character the entire time.  Simply amazing.



 My big kids went above and beyond!  They were so great as they played the rolls of the Tin Man and the Scarecrow.  Allie B. was so adorable and I over heard so many guests commenting on how good she was with the kids.  I love this girl so, so much!  She is a blessing to our family.




Each table was designed around a character in the film.  This was Dorothy's table.  It was sitting in the Kansas set.  I thought it might be fun to have dinner at Dorothy's house and so this idea spread throughout the entire party.  You were welcome to sit in Kansas, the Emerald City, the Scarecrows field, Munchkin land, Glenda the Good Witch's table, the Haunted Apple Tree Forest with the Tin Man or Cowardly Lion, or with either of the two Wicked Witches.  It turned out to be really fun.


Mrs. Gulch's bicycle. Made me smile:)


Every table had a large centerpiece designed to represent a part of the movie.  This was the Munchkin land table.  One of my absolute favorites.  My mom designed and arranged each centerpiece.  Her work was stunning!  


I love this image of Blake as the Tin Man with my niece Katie Bug.  He worked his tail off that night lifting little ones up to put the heart "back in his chest".  I love this big guy and his ability to be and do almost anything.  His heart is as big as his body!  He loves his baby sister and because of his love for that little girl he was an amazing Tin Man for her party.  

This is just a small peek into the party.  I will go over in detail all the many parts.  I don't know if I will share any pictures of Ashley Kate.  She doesn't look like herself anymore and it so very hard for me to put images of her out there.  Just know that she was there, she did as well as she could that night, she grinned two times that we saw, and I know she knew it was all done for her.  I'm so proud of her and how she hung in there.  We celebrated her 8 years with our families, our friends, and our sweet girl.  It was a blessed night.  

So many of you are asking day after day about her party and I want to share it all.  Its just so overwhelming right now, but I promise I'll start working on it.  I love that you are so interested.  Its just another way you've shown us how much you care about our baby gherkin.  Thank you. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home