Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

10/22/2006

Good morning from Ashley's room

Good morning from our sweet Ashley to all who are checking in on her today. She finally got some much needed rest in little naptimes throughout the night. When I came in this morning her Daddy had fallen asleep on the job and Ash had just thrown up all over her lines. Not such a nice way for her to wake up! During rounds this morning the surgeon and I discussed what the problem could be. In the morning we will send a scope down to check and see if the balloon on the G-tube is blocking the "emptying" part of the stomach( I realize this is not the medical terminology he used but I am not Dave and I don't remember the word). If there is no blockage shown then we will schedule a G-J tube to be placed on Tuesday so we can by pass her stomach and get some food into the intestine. I am hoping not to have to put Ash back in surgery, but if it is necessary then to surgery we will go. Now compared to the transplant surgery, this would be classified on the level of a hang nail, but I don't like putting Ash "out" and back on the vent. I know that the Father knows exactly what the issue is with Ashley's feedings, and I am trusting that whatever course we take He has a reason for it. He can already see tomorrow so I am not going to spend today worrying about it. At least this is my plan. Please pray for me to just let Him have it and for me not to keep on picking it up again and again.

Outside of the vomitting, Ashley looks so beautiful this morning. Her skin is clear and sweet, her cheeks are rosy(she looks like Santa Claus), her little lips are pouty and pink, and she is wearing her new lacy socks that arrived in one of the care packages that Dave brought from someone at home. Thanks so much she really loves lacy socks. Now that Ash is growing I am going to have to go out and shop for some bigger bows. I am excited about that! Ashley may not feel like a princess every day up here especially with all the yucky vomitting, but as least the still looks like one.

Today I am counting my blessings. I told the surgeon that I realize we are almost 1 month out from transplant and I count that as a blessing. Ashley is not on the ventilator and I count that as a blessing. All of Ash's labs are looking great today and all of her liver enzymes tell us that it is working beautifully and I count that as a blessing. Ashley's Daddy is here to play with her all day and I count that as a blessing. I have been given another day to spend with both of my girls and I count that as a blessing. We have so much love and support surrounding us from all over the place and I count that as a blessing. There is so much more to count as a blessing then there is to worry about so today I will concentrate on those things and count it as a blessing that I can see that. He loves me today and He will love me tomorrow and I count that as a blessing. Each one of you who read Ashley's story and remember to pray for her today is a blessing and I am counting you too. Take care and enjoy counting all the blessings in your life today.

2 Comments:

At 12:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I mentioned you today in sunday school & about your faith....your thanking God & counting your blessings when there is so much going on with Ash. As I told this story of your witnessing to others in the midst of your storm....& that we really have so much to be thankful for....& how you have helped me change my perspective about Josh...about both my children...& just life in general.... ( I noticed by the expressions & body language of everyone ....how touched they were by your story & your example....God is using you to touch people you don't even know....what a difference HE is allowing your family to make). You have been on our prayer list but I hadn't had the opportunity to share with those who haven't read your journal ....a bit about Ashley ....& your story & it fit into our lesson today...felt God's nudge to share a bit more detailed about Ashley, you , & your sweet family. You are being prayed for....HUGS from Texas. We will have to make trips to Gladewater to the bow shop when you get back. (= I love bows on Lauren. (=

 
At 12:54 PM , Blogger Troy and Melanie said...

I am so glad that Ashley's complexion is looking better and better. I hope that the doctors are able to find what is causing her vomiting soon so that she can stop feeling so yucky. We continue lifting you in prayer and know that God is watching over you every step of the way. We will pray that you will continue to be able to give all your worries and fears to Him. There are so many blessings in our lives, and we count your family as one of them. Take care of each other and enjoy your time together. Much love and prayers!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home