Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

11/26/2006

Fingerprints...

One day several years ago when my Allison was only 3 or 4 we were driving to Oklahoma to spend Christmas at my sister's house. It happened to be dark and very cold that night and when I looked in my rear view mirror I saw my little Allie with her face and hands pressed up against the window. She had her little tongue stuck out against the glass. I watched her for a minute or two wondering what in the world she could be thinking before I asked her to sit all the way back in her car seat. The next morning as I went out to the car to bring in some gifts, I looked at the window and saw her tiny prints. Next to this blurry, yucky spot that I think is where her tongue had landed was the most beautiful set of finger prints. You could see all five fingers from each hand that she had left behind. I giggled to myself not thinking too much about it at the time, but every once in a while my mind drifts back to that memory of my Allie's tiny hands left on my window for no one but me to enjoy and I thank Him for creating her. Each time my heart has smiled at the thought.

I think that fingerprints are such an amazing piece of us that God designed. One thing about my little Ashley is that once you meet her, whether it be in person, through this website, or just being told of her story you will forever be marked by her tiny fingerprints. She has a way of leaving them behind, especially all over your heart. I love that her "marks" have such an impact on so many. She has definitely been designed with a unique set. I believe with everything inside of my heart that the Father carefullly designed each print that she would leave on this world.

Ever since the day I found Allie's perfect set of prints left on my window, I have tried to remind myself to enjoy each little mark my children leave behind. Especially during this period of our lives with Ashley and all of her marks she is busy making. I have learned to appreciate the way He has created us each one in His own image. I don't know for sure if the Father has actual, visual fingerprints on His hands, but I do know that when I look at my daughter I can see his prints all over her. One of my favorite things about Ash's journey is that He has left His fingerprints on it. When I look at my Ashley, I see His maginficent "mark".

My prayer today is that when people see me and my family that they will not just see David, Trish , Blake, Allison, and Ashley, but that they will see the fingerprints of God left on us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home