Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

2/24/2007

I don't Understand

I don't understand why some children are born healthy and others are not.

I don't understand why some children with short bowel syndrome have to go to transplant when others do not.

I don't understand why some children with transplants go on to live normal lives when others do not.

I don't understand why some children live their lives in hospitals while others do not.

I don't understand why some children survive when others do not.

I don't understand why some children get cancer when others do not.

I don't understand why some children fight for their lives tonight when others do not.

I don't understand why some children and their mommies have to hurt so bad when others do not.

I don't understand why I can't understand these things and so much more. I don't understand what I am to learn. I don't understand what I am to be doing while we are here. I don't understand what my purpose is at this time. I don't understand, but there is One who does. He knows tomorrow. He knows the answers. He knows the things I sit and wonder about day after day.

I don't question Him, but I do tell Him that I don't understand and I don't think I ever will. I just pray that while I don't understand His reasons that I can still fulfill whatever role He intends for me to. I pray every day that He will use me, use Dave, use Ashley to make a difference for Him. If we must go through this then I pray that it serves His purpose and that it brings glory to Him.

4 Comments:

At 1:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just got done catching up on your blog, Trish. Oh, the picture of Ashley broke my heart! I can't help but look at her and wonder how she is feeling. Bless her heart.

Know that my family and I are praying for you and your precious family. Our church is too!

Take care and God Bless,

Shari

Eugene, Oregon

 
At 8:05 AM , Blogger Krista said...

You dont understand now, but you are so strong and are doing a great job as her mommy! God is using this story everyday! Hope you two girls have a restful day! I need one of those pillow cases like she has -where did it come from? Love you both.

 
At 8:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish rest assured that all that has happened and all that is now is for a reason...one maybe the fact that the amount of people that are being touched by the little Gherkins plight, the new found faith that has been brought to everyone involved,I'm certainly no prophet,but I can see a whole lot of good here. God bless you all. Barron and Cindy

 
At 12:45 PM , Blogger Troy and Melanie said...

Just want you to know we are constantly praying for little Ashley as wells as you, David, Blake, and Allison. We haven't been posting lately but know you are always on our hearts. I know you guys have been through so much, just remember there are people praying you through world wide! Much love and prayers!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home