Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

2/23/2007

Along the Way

Along the way I have learned so very much. Learned about others, about myself, about the Father.

Along the way I have cried so very much. Cried for my Ashley, for her struggles, for her pain.

Along the way I have smiled so very much. Smiled while I held her, smiled while I cared for her, smiled while I loved her.

Along the way I have grown so very much. Grown in my walk, grown in my relationship, grown in my spirit.

Along the way I have loved so very much. Loved more than I imagined, loved more than before, loved every moment.

Along the way I have hurt so very much. Hurt because of the pain, because of the separation, because of the disappointment.

Along the way I have experienced joy. Joy unspeakable, joy from within, joy that can not be measured.

Along the way I have prayed. Prayed for my children, prayed for other children, prayed for His children.

Along the way I have searched. Searched for answers, searched for understanding, searched for meaning.

Along the way I have aged. Aged in my spirit, aged in my person, aged in my faith.

Along the way I have been blessed. Blessed to be her mommy, blessed to be the one she calls for, blessed to be the one who holds her.

Along the way I have learned, cried, smiled, grown, loved, hurt, experienced,prayed, searched, aged, and been blessed. Along the way I would not have traded one minute of this journey for it is along the way that I have become the mom I am today. I am Ashley's mommy and I am thankful that He chose to bring me along the way.

Along the way He has brought you into our lives and her into yours. Along the way He has told His story while writing hers. I pray you too have been blessed as you have allowed yourselves to continue along the way. I don't know if there will be a happy ending but I know that He has traveled beside us along this way. Good night and God Bless. Trish

9 Comments:

At 6:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes Trish, I have indeed been blessed.
(Praying for a happy ending...)
God Bless.
And thank you- so very much- for sharing a beautiful testimony and a beautiful daughter.
You are loved.

 
At 7:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish all I can say is God Bless. my God yes you have made such a difference in our lives, you and Ashley. I feel I owe you all so much... thank you. Barron and Cindy

 
At 7:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read every day or at least every other day...I seem like I miss so much when I do miss a day with you and your family. I love ya'll and you don't even know me. I love Ashley and my heart breaks every time there is a struggle you face...which is almost daily. I pray every day for you and your entire family. I work in a hospital and every time I have a "small" patient, I think of Ashley. Trish, your love and faith in the Lord is awesome...You will never lose me as a reader as long as you are writing...at least 125 more days I'm guessing...I hope you and Ash have a better weekend than yesterday was...God bless you both.

 
At 8:51 AM , Blogger Jenny said...

I have definitely been blessed by Ashley's story! Thank you for sharing from the heart!!

 
At 8:59 AM , Blogger Paige said...

Ashley's story truly brings glory to her Father. You have offered Him your all whether it be the good, bad and ugly. Thank you for sharing a glimpse of Ashley's life with us. I am honored to be a part of her life.

 
At 9:22 AM , Blogger Krista said...

You write such beautiful words and Yes most definitely we have been Blessed. Blessed by knowing what we have to be Thankful! And most of: Blessed by the fact that we are a part of Ashley's story. She is so very beautiful and so very strong. You are an inspiration and she is a testimony of God to so many! I saw Glenda the other day and we were talking about how amazing it was to see how the "WHOLE GLOBE" is praying for her. Not just Texas, not just Oklahoma, not just Nebraska, or even the US but people from all over the world! We believe Ashley can pull through because God is right there with her and with your family every step of the way! We are praying for all of you with every breathe we take! We love you all! Get some rest.

 
At 9:51 AM , Blogger Cathy Fry said...

Along the way I have learned, cried, smiled, grown, loved, hurt, experienced,prayed, searched, aged, and been blessed. I don't even know you except through Ashley's story, but I have had all these also because of Ashley's story. Thank you for sharing her story, even when it's very hard to move those fingers on the keyboard. You are touching so many lives, and planting so many seeds. You are a blessing, may God continue to use your family to spread his LOVE!!!!!!!!!

 
At 10:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish, I am on myway today to our church Women's retreat and it is titled "Joy on the Journey". I feel like you have already summed it up in this one post. You are truly wise and insightful and I appreciate your vulnerability and transparency to all of us online. God will not only use Ashley in a mighty way, but He is using you at this very moment. Blessings, Lou Ann

 
At 3:07 PM , Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

Yes, Ashley's story has blessed me. Thank you for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home