Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

2/22/2007

God Provides

Today was a great day for our oldest daughter Allie. She sure did enjoy turning 9 years old today. It was her birthday and she was going to make the most of it. I joined her class at school for a birthday party for her and then later I returned to school to have lunch with her. She is in the 3rd grade and I guess at that age Dad is still pretty cool. I enjoyed sitting with her friends and listening to their silly chatter. Such as:

If 20 men walk into a room and look in the the mirror and they see twenty four-heads how is this possible......I thought about it for a while and gave what seemed like several logical answers to me and the little girls just laughed at me. The answer was that they saw twenty foreheads in the mirror. OK, the 9 year olds out smarted me on that one.

I really enjoyed having lunch with Allie and her friends. As I was there I was thinking of Trish and how much she would have enjoyed spending the day with Allie and her little friends. When I stop and think about it I am amazed at the person Trish is. I spent 3 days in the hospital last weekend and I think after 3 or 4 more days I may have cracked. There are so many trials and difficulties associated with our current circumstances, yet God always provides the measure of grace we need to make it though each day.

We have recently lost some, and some have walked away because the pressure was to great. To those who had to leave, we thank you so very much for the time you spent with us and the wonderful things you were able to do while you were on the journey. For those of you who are still with us, still reading Ashley's Story, still praying for a little Gherkin, we thank you so much for your steadfastness. And I want to say a special thank you to the folks in Omaha who have reached out and been there for Trish.

Goodnight,

DAVE

5 Comments:

At 11:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still here ...still praying....(= Glad Allie had a great day. I missed getting over to drop off something for her. Josh wasn't feeling well & got to go see the doctor for a "shot" ....what a present on his birthday...Huh? Sorry I missed dropping by something to Allie. Happy Birthday. (= Praying for comfort for Ash...& Trish....it has been a long road...full of blessings....heartache....& wishing you would come home to Longview soon....& that Ash would be restored to good health. In God's time not ours... Still praying.... so cliche...but Hang in there. (= I know things are beyond our understanding at this point.... Putting it all in HIS hands. (=

 
At 11:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello dear ones, Just wanted you to know that you've still got this reader in Maryland..... checking for updates often every day and praying throughout.

 
At 11:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday alli.
daddy's are fun, aren't they?
God's peace to Ash and Faith to Trish and blessings on Blake, a good brother

 
At 12:06 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

I wanted to let you know that while I am taking a blogging break from my own blog and the others that I read, I wouldn't think of not checking on the pickle everyday! She is on my heart it seems like constantly, and each time I hold my own daughter, I pray for yours.

I'm praying that the remaining 125 days of chemo go by quickly!!!

Sweet dreams :)

 
At 9:38 AM , Blogger Paulette said...

I read everyday, sometimes I am quiet and still when I come here. I am a night owl and sometimes I will come here late into the night and lift Ashley and your family before the throne. I feel like it is what I should do because we are all bonded in Christ. May the Lord give you comfort and hope in these trying times.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home