Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

2/23/2007

Its here

It finally came. We were hoping it wouldn't show up. It is definitely an unwelcome guest! We are waiting for it to go, but for now we must put up with all that it brings. Ash started the day with a heart rate of 200+ and it is still in the 200 range. It was followed by the nausea and vomiting. She has thrown up more times than I can count and I have spent the morning bathing her, dressing her, changing her linens and trying to keep up. Bless her tiny heart. I did not want this to happen to her. The crazy thing is that she feels better than she has in days. She was playing, vomiting, laughing, vomiting, clapping, vomiting, smiling, vomiting. I just don't get it. It has been going on for hours and she is starting to wear out.

Well I guess this is all I am supposed to share with you at this time because I have typed another paragraph 3 times and for some unknown reason to me it just keeps disappearing. I'll just post more later. I am going to have to learn how to out smart this silly computer. Take care, Trish

7 Comments:

At 3:48 PM , Blogger Tamara said...

I know this is really a hard situation...but I do admit to laughing with you at Ashley's vomiting routine. I wish I could help you do the laundry/changing the linens. UGH! Praying!

 
At 4:34 PM , Blogger Carey said...

Oh praying for some comfort. I hope she feels better soon.

 
At 8:35 PM , Blogger Aunt Boo said...

Praying, praying, praying.

I hope things are well.

Love,
Amanda

 
At 9:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor little Ash....I am so sorry darling....I know those aweful drugs are making you feel so yucky. Just staying in prayer that the treatment will attack... "smash" & get rid of the cancer forever!! I pray for your health to be restored. I pray for your heartrate to normalize.... I pray for your body to somehow keep the nutrition ... despite ...the nasty drugs that are making you sick. Oh ..how you need the nourishment. I saw your pictures ....You are such a princess. (= Gentle hugs... Give your mommy a hug from us too. (= Praying....

 
At 9:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just recently heard of ashley's story through a friend at church and wanted to post to let you know that now more people in north carolina are praying for ashley. i'm praying especially for her tonight to be able to sleep and receive some comfort.
praying, praying, praying!!!

 
At 9:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for all of you!

God bless,
Lori

 
At 2:34 AM , Blogger Robyn said...

Poor baby, I hope the vomiting settles down but the playing/laughing stays.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home