Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

3/14/2007

Can it Be?

Can it be? I guess we will find out tomorrow. Just the mere thought of actually being able to touch my Blake and Allison, to hug them, to hold them until my arms grow tired, to pray with them before they drift off to sleep, to place my secret kisses upon their foreheads as they dream, and to linger in their doorways until I become tired of watching them is almost too much for my heart to hold and to anticipate. I am trying to stay grounded in the knowledge of how quickly I know that things can change in my Ashley's life, but it is difficult not to become excited at the possibility of going home.

I can hear the excitement in the children's voices. I can hear how badly they want for this to happen. I pray they are not disappointed, and I pray that if this His will for our Ashley that it will be allowed to happen. It is so very hard to pray for His will to be done when you want what you want to happen SO badly, but if I have learned anything through this journey with my baby it is that His will is worth having and waiting for.

I dare not prepare or begin to pack. I know better than that. It will be one of those last minute throw it all in the back of the car kind of moves. I am not sure what day we will begin our 14 hour journey toward that little yellow house, but whatever the day it can't come soon enough for us.

I have not had the opportunity to speak with Dave since our initial conversation this morning, but I did speak to Blake and he said that they are destroying his bathroom. Hammers are flying and things are being carried outdoors. He told me the bathtub is already out and the tiles are being removed from the shower. He thinks the floor is next and then on to our bathroom. I asked him if he thought tearing out both bathrooms at the same time was a good idea and he seems a little concerned about not having a readily available toilet. Good thing our office is only a couple miles from our front door.

After watching how much better Ashley felt during her daddy's visit I can't imagine how much better she will do once she is around Blake and Allie too. I believe what my friend Laura told me last week is true. After being home with her little Caroline for the last four weeks she said that a huge part of their healing and recovery was normalcy. Being in their own homes, surrounded by their families. I can't wait to see Ash in her own environment!

Thank you for praying today. I appreciate your time here and your time in prayer. Take Care. Trish

15 Comments:

At 7:36 PM , Blogger Lacey said...

I hope it is a reality very soon!:) What great news!

 
At 8:04 PM , Blogger Robyn said...

Oh I am hoping and praying that His time is now for you to be able to head home!

 
At 8:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Letting you know that I prayed on the way home from church tonight that this will all be a reality in just a few short hours! I know how uncertain Ashleys future has always been, so I guess if it does not happen we will all deal with the dissapointment. But I just have the most hope of you going home this time than I ever have since this journey began! I love you Trish and will not stop praying until you call me from your home phone and not your cell. Have beautiful, sweet dreams tonight of being at home, all 5 of you at the same time! Kathy

 
At 8:31 PM , Blogger Paige said...

Trish and Ashley, we are praying for and cheering for you to make it home this week! What a healing that can take place surrounded by family and in our own home. God bless you all the way home! Love and hugs!

 
At 8:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Trish.....I am Praising JESUS at the thought of your return home to Longview to be with your precious older children....to be reunited...not for a day....or hours....but back HOME!!!!! Oh...how my heart is overflowing with praise to our heavenly father. Praying for HIS will...for every detail. To give Dave endurance through his sleeplessness & hard work & bring volunteer help to get the job done at the home front with the water line & the mold issues....remodeling. Let us know if we can help in anyway. You guys have my number & we are in the book. (= Praying....& PRAISING.... (= HUGE SMILES!!!!

 
At 9:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying you will make it all the way home to TX this week...

 
At 9:55 PM , Blogger Connie said...

Yes!! I am so happy for you, and I just know it's going to happen this time. Praise God!

 
At 10:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yippeeeeee! I haven't spoken with you today, but mom gave me the exciting news. I shared it with the teen girls in class tonigt and they were as excited about this wonderful news as we all are. I'm so thankful to God for all He does for us. He may not be shocked by all that is going on, however, I'm encouraged by His love and blessings. Please have a peaceful and restful night. Sweet Dreams!!!
Toni

 
At 10:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah Trish! I am so happy and excited for all of you! I know you have waited for this for a long time. We will continue praying that things go well and for a safe trip home.
Where will Ashley do her chemo? We will be a cooks on monday getting Coulter ready for surgery. Give me a call when you get home.
Melanie

 
At 11:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi - you do not know me but I have only posted one other time. Fortunately, Suzanne Sanders helps to keep us up-to-date. You guys are very special to her and to others.

I am a student at LeTourneau working on my Masters to counsel with children. I have requested prayer for your family, you and Ashley. Dr. Wayne Jacobs is a Prof. of mine and when I mentioned you guys the other day, he said he knew you guys thru church. I am amazed at your Faith. God is so good. Think about how much you love Ashley, God loves her even more and only wants His will. That is comforting! He loves her more than anything.

I apologize for the tacky comment left about your husband,that deeply saddens my heart. I think your faith and Dave's faith is an inspiration to us all! I comment continuously on the amazing faith. I have a CD that I would like to give to Suzanne to send to you guys. I hope you will continue to claim God's promises!

In Christ,
Amy

 
At 4:50 AM , Blogger Carey said...

I am praying for you guys today. I pray that this is Gods will and you will be going home really soon. I also pray the Dave is able to take care of the bathrooms in the right way, safely, and completely.

 
At 4:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish, I continue to be SO excited for you all. Know that you are in my prayers.

 
At 8:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying you guys home.............all the way to Texas. God is with you!

 
At 8:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had gotten busy and caught up in my own life and logged on this morning to have a HUGE surprise! Congratulations on another answered prayer in little Ashley's life! I am so happy for all of you and can't wait to get your updates once you are back home. Praying for safe travel and that all goes well in getting situated in the little yellow house. Love you guys!

 
At 8:57 AM , Blogger Staci Barham said...

I am so happy for you guys...just the thought of knowing that you could be on your way home...YIPEEEEE!! Those pictures are just adorable. We are praying all the time!!! Can't wait to read the next posting...ON OUR WAY HOME TO TEXAS...how sweet that sounds. Hope you have a wonderful day :).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home