Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

3/14/2007

Watching Him Work

Can I even tell you how unpredictable my life is? Can I even tell you how BIG the God that I serve is? Can I even tell you how I know that all things happen for a purpose and that He does have a plan in mind for my Ashley's life? Can I even tell you how I KNOW that He is never caught of guard and surprised? No, I really can't put all of these things into words. I can't explain it enough to do it justice so that you might really understand what I am living, but I pray that if you see anything in Ashley's story that you might literally see the hand of an almighty God.

This morning we have been given the go ahead to MOVE BACK HOME TO OUR LITTLE YELLOW HOUSE IN TEXAS!!! Rub your eyes, shake your head, and sit back down to read that last sentence again. YES, we are preparing to move home this week in time to have Ashley's chemo treatment done in Dallas on Monday morning. Only God knew that Monday's adventure was serving a purpose in her story. It has led the team to deciding that she is stable enough and that this is our opportunity to seize.

Now as wonderful as all of this is to hear, real life is rearing its ugly little head. Dave laid down at 1:00a.m., left to fly into Dallas at 4:00a.m., got into his car to begin the 2 hour drive home around 8:30a.m. to get to our office and begin seeing patients by 11:00a.m. and now I have called him to let him know that our plan to begin rebuilding our bathrooms has to be started immediately. He will now go home at lunch and begin tearing out the sub flooring in the children's bathroom and then return to the office to work until 7:00, then go back home and continue demolition on our bathrooms that HAVE to be rebuilt before our Ashley can resume life in our home. What a crazy, wonderful, unpredictable life we live. Our 60 year old home has a mold issue in the sub flooring of our bathrooms to go along with the plumbing leak under the house and our Ashley is very susceptible to contracting a mold infection which could be deadly to her. We assumed we had a month or two to remedy this issue and to make our home safe before bringing her back to it. Now I could begin to panic, but I won't because I KNOW God is busy working behind the scenes and that He must have a plan in mind. I don't know how we will pull this off, but I know that He already does. In the meantime I suppose I will move Ashley into my in-laws guest room while I wait for my husband to find the time to remodel our home. Did I mention to you that I live a CRAZY, WONDERFUL LIFE? We still haven't resolved the broken pipe under our house issue, but God knows that too. So I will just enjoy knowing that He is answering our prayers to move our Ashley back home, to restore our family, and to begin a new chapter in her story. This one is starting out with a bang and I can't wait to read how it ends.

On another note my Ashely is very weak today and very nauseated. She is vomiting with the slightest of movements and her smiles have faded for a while until her body can recover from this last dose of chemo. Please if you have a moment to pray for her today would you? She just feels so yucky, but this too is part of battling cancer. You get a few good days, a few bad days, and then you go back for another round.

Needless to say, we are blessed beyond measure this morning, we are surprised, we are overwhelmed with the responsibilities that loom before us, we have a major remodel to pull off in the next few days to weeks (while going out of town to Dallas over the weekend), but we are also living the life of our dreams raising 3 beautiful children.

I am going to go for now. I have a meeting with the transplant director to get to. They want to know all of the events that took place on Monday that led to our day stretching into its 16 hour jaunt in their treatment center. I wish I didn't have to go, but they have asked me to help them make a list of the mistakes that were made so that it might not happen to another child. I would do anything to protect another child, so off I am going. Please pray that I have the right words to share with them that convey our appreciation as well as our concern. Thanks for loving us, for praying for us, for hanging in there with us. You are appreciated. Trish

40 Comments:

At 11:15 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish! Wow! I'm so amazed! That is so awesome! Please let us know how we can help, we live in Ft. Worth, so we can help you however you need.
So excited that you will be back in Texas in time for all those Wildflowers on the side of the road, and rainbows in the sky after a spring rain.
Prayers for your planning!

 
At 11:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise him name!!!!!!!!! So glad you're going home! He is so good all of the time!

So happy for you all............going to be together agin and so very soon!

Praying for Dave........his continued strength and determination to get things done.

Praying for ASh and hoping she feels better soon.

Praying for you Trish and all that you have to do in preparation!

God bless you all!

Doing the happy dance for guys!!!!!!!!

 
At 11:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAHOOOOOO! Praise God from whom ALL blessings flow!!!!! I cannot express my elation properly, so I guess I'll just let you know how I REALLY FEEL when I see you in TEXAS, NEXT WEEK!!!!!!! O yeah spring break hear we come! I love you so much Trish and I am so happy for you. Gently place 100 tiny kisses on that sweet baby's head until I can do it myself next week~ I am just in shock!

 
At 11:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you all!!! God is answering so many prayers! What a wonderful post to read this morning! I have chills! O Happy Day! Thank you Dearest God!

 
At 11:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooops! the above comment was from your sister, Kathy

 
At 11:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That is wonderful and God is awesome! I am so happy for all of you and continue to pray for many blessings and miracles!

 
At 11:36 AM , Blogger Tamara said...

WOW! I am overwhelmed, I can only begin to pretend to think I could possibly imagine what this must feel like for you! WOWOWOWOWOW! God is so amazing! YEE HAW!!!!!

 
At 11:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

God is indeed worthy of praise! You have been such a tremendous blessing to me as I have followed your journey over these last couple of months. It has been my joy and privilege to pray for your precious baby and your whole family. We know first hand what prayer can do and the miracles our great God can accomplish when we commit our lives to Him. I will continue to pray for you all in the days ahead and watch with great anticipation to see His power and love revealed in your lives. How Great is Our God!
Praying and Believing,
Kristi Cooper

 
At 11:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rubbed my eyes, twice, and still couldn't believe what I read! Glory be to God! We'll keep praying in West Virginia!

 
At 11:52 AM , Blogger Edith said...

Hallelujah!! I've got goose chills. Thanks for sharing - and continuing to keep you all in my prayers.

edith

www.photogal938.blogspot.com

 
At 11:57 AM , Blogger Living to Love said...

Yahh!! We serve an AWESOME GOD!! I am excited for your whole family!!

 
At 12:18 PM , Blogger Bttrfly1976 said...

I am beyond words, typeless if you will!! How extremely and overwhelmingly exciting!!

Ephesians 3:20
Now glory to God! By His mighty power at work within us He is able to accomplish infinitely more than we would ever dare to ask or hope!!

My heart is rejoicing right along with yours!

 
At 12:22 PM , Blogger Karen said...

WOW! WOW! WOW!! How wonderful!! I know that God will work out all the details--He's good that way! Love and blessings, Karen

 
At 12:26 PM , Blogger Alicia said...

Oh, Trish, that is so wonderful! We'll keep praying that everything will go smoothly.

 
At 12:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

And that is the kind of amazing God we serve. There are people with far easier lives than yours who have a much harder time seeing His goodness. Praying also here in North Carolina.

 
At 12:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazed and so very very happy for all of you!...and I will continue to pray.
God Bless! (I know he is :)

 
At 12:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

praise the LORD!! what amazing news. still praying in nc and will continue to pray for ashley.

our God is sooo amazing!!

 
At 1:03 PM , Blogger Aunt Boo said...

I could not believe my eyes. I knew this day would come for you and your family. Congrats!! I know that you are so excited. I am excited for you.

Love and Prayers,
Amanda D.

 
At 1:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so excited. As usual, expect the unexpected!!! God is awesome!! My heart is overjoyed for you family. Ally and Blake will be so thrilled! Prayers do matter.

 
At 1:17 PM , Blogger Krista said...

PRAISE GOD! THAT IS THE BEST NEWS EVER! I am so happy for you and for Ashley! God gives miracles! I am in total shock! I cannot wait to read the words "WE ARE HOME"!!! Tell Dave if he needs help with the bathroom we would be happy to pitch in!

 
At 1:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish-Something told me to look at the website a few minutes ago. Praise the Lord and I am, again, in utter awe over how our Heavenly Father works. He is a miracle-performing God, isn't He? I am amazed, excited, and so happy for you!!! I know He has a plan to get your little house done. I pray the Lord provides people to help you with it so it can get done quickly and in a timely manner.

It is such a privilege to be able to pray for your family! Thank you for allowing me to do just that!

Shari

 
At 1:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been reading about (and praying for) your dear Ashley for awhile now, but never commented. But after reading your entry today I just had to. I admit I teared up reading it and am so thrilled for you! Praise God! I'll continue my prayers in Tennessee!!

Sharon

 
At 1:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

God is so good all the time!! Praise God Mommy and baby get to come back to their home. There is no place like home. God will work out the details of the house just like he has with everything else. Just keep trusting him and remember he has his hand on Ashley. Even if, there is mold in the house........God knows that and he will protect precious Ashley. I know Blake and Allison will be so happy to have their little baby sister back home. I know Daddy and Hubby must be beside himself about now. He is probably pinching himself actually wondering if, he has just woken up from a dream. I am so happy for all of you!!! I am looking forward to getting to meet you Trish and that sweet little precious miracle that God blessed you with!!! Our prayers are always with you. Love and blessings your way, Cindy Adams

 
At 2:00 PM , Blogger Jenny said...

Whoooo-hooooo!!!! I am so very thrilled for you guys!!!! I really did have to make sure I read that sentence right. That is so awesome! I just know that everything will work out with the whole plumbing issue. God is good, all the time.

 
At 2:07 PM , Blogger Paulette said...

Hey Ya'll GREAT news. I live in Arlington Tx and too would be glad to help in any way possible. I am so grateful you are coming home Ill bet your children are ESTATIC!!! Yay. Lokking forward to the big homecoming and following precious Ashleys journey to wholeness!!

 
At 2:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! Praise God! It is amazing! I'm overjoyed for you. Everyone in Omaha will truly miss you though. Blessings as you prepare to go home. Please call if we can help in any way. Love, Lou Ann

 
At 3:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rejoicing in Praise!!!!
What an awesome (and FAST) answer to your prayer. Our Lord does work in mysterious and wonderful ways.

I wish we were closer to Texas. We've had some experience ripping out and refitting kitchens and bathrooms. (Not by choice. But, our God is not without a sense of humor!)

I'll pray that he sends along the handyman you need.

 
At 3:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise God! What an awesome Lord we serve. Thanks for sharing the great news Trish!

 
At 3:27 PM , Blogger cheryl said...

Rejoicing with you!

Cheryl

 
At 3:28 PM , Blogger Paige said...

Oh, praise God! I cannot describe the excitement I felt when I read the news! Today has been filled with so many God moments. He is beyond description! Oh, I love Him so much! I am so thankful that your family will be reunited soon.

Dave, get busy! God is moving faster than any of us could have imagined! Isn't He wonderful that way?!

Love and hugs to you all!

 
At 3:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you all!!! I also hope Dave will post his many adventures with the bathroom remodel. Hope that goes well. I am praying for a smooth transition from NE to TX.

 
At 4:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

PRAISE THE LORD! How great is our God! WOW--what an answer to so many prayers! I am so excited for you--I'll definitely keep the renovations plus details added into all my prayers for you all. We will miss you but i am so overjoyed for Ashley and your family. Let us know if you need anything. Blessings, Melissa

 
At 4:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so happy for your family what an answer to prayer! I am praying Ashley is feeling better soon! (((hugs))) ~ Chandria ~

 
At 4:28 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Oh, Trish! A few of your posts have made me cry, some of out of sadness for your pickle, and some out of being touched by your mother's heart, but this is the first time I have literally cried from joy!

I am SO excited for you!!!

Doing the happy dance now, and off to tell Caiden--he has prayed for Ash every night for months. He will be just as happy as I am!

YAY!!!

 
At 4:29 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Oh, and of course the bathroom stuff will work itself out! If God can orchestrate this, just mere days after the transplant coordinator made it clear you wouldn't be going home for a LONG time, then a bit of mold in the bathroom is NOTHING!!

:)

 
At 5:14 PM , Blogger Connie Barris said...

Yes.. that would be our God....

I am overwhelmed with tears....

I will keep praying always...

it's like you are family

Connie

 
At 5:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, what heavenly news! I am totally in awe of our God! What a blessing!!!

And yes, share the news, Dave, from the Extreme Home Makeover!

I am praying, as always...

 
At 6:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH MY GOODNESS! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so excited for you...GOD BLESS!

 
At 8:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have been praying for your entire family DAILY! We attend Fairview Baptist Church in Edmond, Oklahoma with your sisters & Father. We have been following Ashley's Story for many months now, and are so overjoyed with today's news. I told Kathy that we are addicted to the site. We have two daughters that are 1 & 3 years old. Our oldest (Jadyn) loves to look at the pictures of Ashley and she prays for her daily. The other day when she was released from the hospital, Jadyn called all of her grandparents to squeal that BABY ASHLEY got to go HOME!! Congratulations and best wishes. We will continue to pray and follow your story and someday when ASHLEY IS ALL BETTER, we hope to get to meet you all, if you come to visit your family in Edmond!

Still Praying!

Dylan, Leah, Jadyn & Graysen Waddle

PS. I LOVE THE NEW HAIRBOWS! Kathy called the other day and gave the the website, our girl are little girly princesses too!

 
At 4:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! Praise God!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home