Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

3/13/2007

We're in This Together

No matter what comes our way, what obstacle we face, what illness tries to overcome our baby, we are in this life together, and I wouldn't want it any other way. Yesterday turned into last night and last night turned into this morning and all of it is a big blur. We finally laid down about 5:45 this morning and we didn't wake until 10:00. So I am feeling blessed to have gotten such a long nap. Just think if I laid down in the middle of the afternoon for 4 hours that would have been a wonderful nap! Yeah for us to get to sleep for 4 hours uninterrupted.

I laughed and laughed last night as things continued to get crazier. The later it got the more delirious I became and once Ash finally drifted off to sleep around 11:00 all I could do was look for the humor in the situation we found ourselves trapped in. Dave crawled up on the bed and finally gave up. Nan took a couch in the waiting room around 1:30 this morning, and I sat in a recliner of all things and thought about how wonderful life truly is. 14 years ago I could have never seen Dave and I sitting in a transplant treatment center with our third child as she was receiving chemotherapy. I would have never imagined that 2 years after we said "I do" that the Father would have blessed us with a son just as wonderful as his dad. His character, his personality, his talents, his heart, his compassion. Two and half years later I would have never imagined being given the most beautiful girl in the world to call my daughter. Everything about our Allison is beautiful. It took many, many years of consistent hard work to mold that little attitude(that happens to match mine) into something wonderful, but I can see the makings of an amazing young lady taking shape. She is my daughter,but she is also my friend and I love to sit and talk to this silly little girl and listen to her heart spill out into our conversations. Eight years after the birth of our daughter Allison God gave us another amazing gift. She came in the form of a 2lb 12 oz baby pickle, and the moment we walked into that hospital room I knew which one was mine before they even told us. There was something about this little gift that drew us to her. When I looked and saw the face that had been absent from my dreams for the last 13 years I was overwhelmed by the blessings that He had allowed me to receive. I reached in and touched her tiny hand and she wrapped those bitty, bitty fingers around my index finger and gave me a squeeze. It was the first time she told me how much she loved me and I have never been the same.

What did we do to ever deserve such a life? Nothing. He gave it to us because He loves us and He wants to bless us.

The day that Dave walked into that restaurant and asked me out on a date was the day that the Father brought to me my very best friend. A friend that He hand chose for me to walk this path with. The last 14 years have been amazing and as we enter into this next year the best thing about it is that "we're in this together".

Thank you for choosing to love our baby, to love our family, to love our God. Your support, your encouragement, your prayers, your friendship, your presence has made an impact on the life of our family. What an important role each of you play in our Ashley's story. We are better people for "knowing" each of you. Have a wonderful day and may the God who created our Ashley Kate shower you with blessings. Trish

9 Comments:

At 11:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't think of two more perfectly matched people on this planet(other than gene and myself) than you two! Trish and Dave, you both AWE me with your ways toward one another, your commitment to one another and your family! I love you both very, very much and I pray that God will continue to richly bless you both in your marriage! I also hope that you can both relax and enjoy your dinner out tonight without falling asleep at the table after last nights shinannigins!ha! Love , Kathy

 
At 12:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once again your post has brought me to tears. Ours truly is an awesome God, one who can make me, the busy mother of two wonderfully healthy girls, care so much for you and your precious little girl as you fight this battle along with the rest of your sweet family. Thank you for sharing your journey. Love, Stacey

 
At 12:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to you!
Happy Anniversary to you!
Happy Anniversary, God Bless you!
Happy Anniversary, to you!
(to the tune of Happy Birthday)!

Fourteen years and huge blessing to you! Praise be to Jesus for your testimony as a Christian couple! You are amazing!

Lovingly,

Shari

Eugene, Oregon

 
At 2:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Dave and Trish,
Congratulations on your anniversary. While it probably isn't where you would have chosen to spend it, what a blessing that you can look upon your years together and see the GOOD. If only more couples would do that!

I'm praying that your little pickle has an easy time with her latest chemo and you all have some pleasant time together.

 
At 2:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish and Dave~~~HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOU~~~~May God shower your day with an abundance of blessings today. May He continue to give you guidance, wisdom, strength, mercy and peace in the coming days, months and years to come as you travel this life together, hand in hand, heart to heart. May you always continue to look to the Father in all things and see His mighty works.

I hope that you both really have a blast today and tonight and celebrate this very special day doing whatever makes you happy. It is so very obvious to anyone who knows you or who reads this journal that you two have the kind of love for each other, and your children, that you can weather the storms of life. God has blessed you with a wonderful marriage and with a wonderful testimony.
Thank you, both, for keeping us informed and for letting us travel this awesome journey with you. We thank God for Ashley's Story and His constant watchcare. Again, have a blessed day with our love and prayers.

 
At 5:04 PM , Blogger Carey said...

Happy Anniversary!

 
At 8:22 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm so glad you're able to spend it together this year.

I'm just checking in tonight to wish you well and see if there were any new updates on the pickle!

Have a happy night :)

 
At 8:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I am praying for the continued healing of Ashley. I hope you can all five be together at home soon.

 
At 9:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary from me and Mom. We are so glad you got to spend it TOGETHER. What a funny thing to get to thank God for, when most people can just take it for granted. Hope you had a wonderful day. We're praising God that Ashley has defied the statistics on going back to the hospital! She's once again doing it her way.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home