Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

9/18/2007

Morning Report

Morning has filtered its way into Ash's room and she is now awake and watching Blue. I know we are going back ward in our progress on breaking that little "addiction", but when you don't even have the energy to cry you certainly don't feel like sitting up and playing. We have her whole life to work on "kicking her nasty little habit".

The night was for the most part peaceful. There were a couple of rough hours scattered here and there, but we both slept in between. We have some of the most amazing nurses. I feel as though we have been so very blessed throughout Ashely's life. God always seems to match us up with the sweetest, kindest, people. I do not take a good nurse for granted. Their demeanor and skill can absolutely make the difference in a good or bad hospital stay. I TRULY appreciate those whom God has crossed our path with. Thank you to each of you who have taken such good care of our precious Ashley Kate. From Dallas to Omaha and back home to Longview, you know who you are and I can honestly say that we love you for loving our sweet baby. You are making a difference.

Again I was hoping the nausea and vomiting would have ceased, but it looks like we are in for another day of it. Any movement of her head or legs causes an episode. She does not want to be touched or held or bothered. As long as she can lay completely still and not have to do anything other than breathe(which I am so thankful that she can do this on her own) then she seems to be ok. So far this morning nothing has shown up in cultures. That's good. We are hoping for a virus that will soon pass and nothing more.

According to her doctor this morning we are staying put. Until she can keep fluids in rather than pushing them out then we will be attached to this IV.

I made a list of "thankfuls" and here they are:

Her life
Her organs
Her spirit
Her daddy
Her grandparents (who give so much help and support to us during these times)
Her brother and sister (they have got to be two of the best kids in the world)
Her color
Her love for Blue(that helps keep her calm)
Her nurses
Her blankets
Her stable blood pressure
Her prayer partners
Her lotion(it can make all the difference when you have been throwing up for 48+ hours)

I'm off to take a shower and use a little lotion myself. Thanks so much for checking on our baby gherkin this morning. Have a great day. Trish

6 Comments:

At 2:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope Ashley starts feeling better soon. You are in my prayers. Jaka

 
At 3:12 PM , Blogger Amy T said...

Praying the little pickle is soon her little ornery self. Praying God's comfort for you as you wait on results.

 
At 4:34 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

Hello,
I don't often comment, but I check Ashley's Blog at least once a day and I pray often for her as well as your whole family. I am praying now that God would give her strength to fight whatever it is that is bothering her and that you would have peace and rest as you watch His hand take care of her.
Jennifer

 
At 6:59 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so sorry to hear that Ash isn't feeling well. I'll be praying for her as well that things take a turn for the better soon. Love you guys!!!

 
At 9:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just want you to know your family....sweet angel Ash....are so close in thought & prayer. Claiming that she will be home by the weeks end. Prayerful that it is something passing. She has come so far.....& GOD is GOOD ALL THE TIME! I know that you know that more than anyone. Well wishes....& lots of Knee Mail to our God .....with whom ALL things are possible...

 
At 10:14 PM , Blogger Sunshine said...

Oh I so hope she is feeling better soon and that all of you are getting some rest! May He hold you close to His heart - so close you can hear it beating! Sunshine

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home