Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

10/25/2007

Precious Moments

Walking into the room to find our 12 year old son laying next to Ashley Kate on her pallet.

Hearing Allie say, "Whats wrong baby pickle?" I guess Ash will always be a baby gherkin to us.

Watching Dave climb his old body in to that crib next to our baby.

Seeing Blake dance along with Steve on Blue's Clues just for the entertainment of his baby sister.

Listening to Allie read stories to Ash while standing on a chair just so she can see her.

Taking Al to get a manicure and pedicure this morning. She is really growing up.

Seeing the protective glances on the faces of her amazing brother and sister each and every time someone comes in her room to do anything to her.

Taking Ashley Kate for a walk outside for the first time in 6 weeks.

Making up songs and games together trying to get Ash to smile.

Watching Ashley show off her new skill of holding up two fingers so everybody knows that she is still 2.

Being with my son to watch the first game of the 2007 World series! What a blessing.

Seeing my three kids all in the same room at the same time. It doesn't get any more precious!

Sitting next to my best friend in all of the world tonight at dinner and discussing our hopes for Ashley Kate's future.


Emotionally I think Ash is doing very well the past two days. She is so happy to be surrounded by her family. Medically I am not so sure. Her CT scan showed complete resolution of her numetosis and for that we are grateful. It also showed a larger collection of fluid around her heart. Another echo cardiogram was done this evening and we wait for direction. They have not allowed her to have any feedings in case action needs to be taken. Her stool output is very, very high and they are considering another scope and biopsy of her bowel to be done tomorrow to check for rejection. Her nausea and vomiting continues, but she no longer has fever. She looks uncomfortable today. Her face is swollen and puffy as is her tummy. This is not an easy ride. How we wish to pack her up and take her home with us. The majority of Ashley's symptoms are a direct result form the many medications she has been started on. Originally they were needed to stop the rejection, but one led to symptoms causing need for another and another and another. The fluid issues in her lungs and heart are very dangerous and they have been caused by one of her medications. What a trap we find ourselves in. Her chest tube remains and it has been in for almost 2 weeks now. In the beginning I was told it would be there for only a couple of days. Her kidneys have slowed done and are causing much concern for everyone. If we could only get back to where we were at home. Our goal is this: get her out of rejection and stay there. Get her home. Get her off all of these medications that are causing this trouble. We have a ways to go, but we are still confident we will get her there. Thank you so very much for your continued prayers for Ash. We really appreciate each one of you.

28 Comments:

At 12:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got to go outside! Yay, Ash! (I think she's showing off so they'll see her strength and let her go home for Thanksgiving.)

 
At 2:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so happy for all of ya'll that you are able to spend time with one another!!! That is just awesome and very well needed, I'm sure for everyone!
Continued prayers for Ashley's recovery and for everyone's strength!

as always praying!!

 
At 2:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let go and let God...peace

 
At 4:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you guys can spend time together! I'm praying for you!

 
At 4:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What precious memories you all will have from these days together! Praying that Ashley's multiple symptoms willl resolve themselves soon!

To Blake, I say GO SOX! (If that is who he is still rooting for!)

 
At 5:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still praying, and so happy that you all have had a wonderful time together.
Beth

 
At 7:17 AM , Blogger Carey said...

What wonderful moments you all are having. How awesome you got to take her outside. She must have really enjoyed that. Im praying for her! and for all of you!

 
At 7:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once again, you amaze me with your journaling. It is so precious and makes me feel like I am there with you. Enjoy your time with your family and I continue to pray for God's perfect healing in Ashley. I pray that God will give the doctors and care takers in Omaha the best direction for Ashley. Praying for better news on her health today. God Bless You all!

 
At 7:36 AM , Blogger Laurie in Ca. said...

I am so glad you were able to take Ashley outside in the fresh air. It sounds like you are getting a heart full of good times to hold onto and cherish. What a blessing to be able to touch your loved ones and see their faces. I pray that Ashley's little body will settle down inside and the fluids will drain and not return. God knows exactly what is going on and I pray He reveals His plans to you soon. Enjoy your time and know we are praying out here for resolution.

Love, Laurie in Ca.

 
At 7:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying.....
Suzanne

 
At 8:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any updates on the "unspoken request" you made earlier in the week. We have been praying. God knows exactly what is happening in Ashley's body, and I pray that He gives wisdom to the doctors to deal with it, if it be His will, for Him to just heal whatever is going on. Glad you are treasuring so many sweet memories with the family.

 
At 9:03 AM , Blogger Gretchen said...

Trish, I'll continue to pray for the medical issues to resolve and for direction in Ashley's care. And, I praise Him for the precious moments you described, as well as your faithful outlook and attitude.

You.are.amazing. He has shone in you.

 
At 9:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad Ashley is happy! Will be praying for her medical issues.

 
At 9:58 AM , Blogger Amy T said...

What blessings you are enjoying this week. I know it's been a much needed respite from all the stress. Praying for the other issues to resolve soon so y'all can go home.

 
At 10:17 AM , Blogger Holly said...

Continuing to pray...and so very proud of your children...how well they love!

Praying throughout the day...praising for the precious moments.
Love,
holly

 
At 11:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

All these medicines, and yet I am sure that the best medicine is having her entire family unit at hand.

In spite of all that is going on inside of Ashley's body, it sounds like what is going on outside of it is pure and awesome blessings from heaven.

Embrace it all, and know that prayers for all of you continue!

 
At 12:42 PM , Blogger The Dean Family said...

Trish,
I am thrilled beyond measure for you. I can't help but grin from ear to ear as I read these happy posts. I know the road may seem long but I am praying for a miraculous quick healing so that you may go home and be together as a family again. Thanks for sharing your joy.

Angela in AK

 
At 1:45 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

A friend of mine forwarded me your blog and I have read it daily. This is the first time I have posted anything. Praying for you and your sweet family. My girls are adopted and I feel a small bond with your Ashley. God DID know you were supposed to be her mommy and even though we have never met I'm so glad you are! I've sent your blog on because prayer is MIGHTY!!!

Many Blessings!
Michelle

 
At 1:45 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

A friend of mine forwarded me your blog and I have read it daily. This is the first time I have posted anything. Praying for you and your sweet family. My girls are adopted and I feel a small bond with your Ashley. God DID know you were supposed to be her mommy and even though we have never met I'm so glad you are! I've sent your blog on because prayer is MIGHTY!!!

Many Blessings!
Michelle

 
At 3:17 PM , Blogger Sunshine said...

Praise God! I am praying - Sunshine

 
At 6:41 PM , Blogger Dawn said...

Such a fragile line you are having to walk. And I'm so happy that you are all together to enjoy eachother. Still praying for your little pickle every day.
d

 
At 11:13 PM , Blogger KM said...

continuing to pray.

kristi in texas

 
At 8:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you all have a good Saturday! We are praying for you.

Love and hugs,
Lori and family

 
At 11:42 AM , Blogger Ivey's Mom said...

So much good is going on with your family together. We will pray for medical stability.
gwen

 
At 12:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=92ac1e43b57340fd30d8

Copy & paste this link into your search bar.... It is a video & song by Mercy Me....

 
At 1:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of and praying for you all. Have a blessed weekend!

 
At 5:16 PM , Blogger Denise said...

Boy do I know the feeling of wanting your whole family all together under one roof! It's a blessing and I know you are cherishing your time together. Still praying for you and Ashley.

Be blessed!

 
At 2:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for your continued blessings and for the best health for the precious littlest one.
Heidi in CT

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home