Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

10/24/2007

Crazy Blessed!

Its CRAZY how much I miss you guys when I have no access to Ashley's Journal. Dave walked in at 7:30 this morning and here I am. I knew I loved this guy! Thanks Babe!

I am so CRAZY blessed in this life. Each day I look around me and make it a point to acknowledge my blessings. Yesterday I didn't even have to try and look for them. They just kept falling all over me. I tell you it was CRAZY!

Our day started with the news that we would be moving out of the PICU. The next thing I new we were clamping Ashley's tube off and that meant we were making progress. Then around 6:30 we got to "move". Thats when the blessings started falling all over us. We walked into the biggest room we have ever had. What in the world did I do to deserve this? Nothing. Its just because He loves us. Next, I walked a little further into our room and guess what I found? A BED! A real life, honest to goodness, lay all the way down flat BED for ME. Did you read those last two words? FOR ME? I am so CRAZY blessed. The nurses who prepared the room for us are such blessings. They said, "We thought you might like to have your own bed so you don't have to sleep in the chair." I love these girls. They also made sure we had a "good" recliner to rock in, and what I call the "rolly" table(you know the hospital bedside tables on wheels) for my office. Then they said, "Were gonna step out of the room and allow you to move things around the way you like them." That made me giggle because they knew I would have to organize my different "rooms" for Ash and I to live in .

Then this morning a group of the most beautiful people I have ever seen in my life walked through the door. They looked amazing. Blake and Al are SO grown up. I missed 'em like crazy! What did I do to deserve to get to be there mom? I am so blessed. At this moment they are dancing around the room and entertaining Ashley Kate. She sits on her daddy' lap giggling, clapping and waving her arms for "more and more". She is so happy! and I am so happy to see them all together again. I am crazy blessed in this life.

As far as the progress goes, Ash is struggling with her feedings. I think they will probably be stopped today. She has been throwing up all morning. It doesn't seem to bother her. She just vomits and laughs and vomits some more. A little nausea isn't going to stop her from enjoying this visit. I'm a little disappointed, but it looks like she just isn't ready yet. We will have to see what the CT scan shows tomorrow. We are also waiting on the chest x-ray to show us how much fluid has re accumulated in the lung area. If it looks good we might be able to get rid of that chest tube. Ashley actually tried to pull it herself last night. It wasn't pretty. It took a team of 5 people holding her down, a dose of tylenol, benadryl, and morphine to secure it again. She fought and screamed like I have never seen. The blessing in this whole ordeal was that she showed us that she indeed can be mobile and get anywhere she would like to when she wants to. We could not keep her on the bed. She fought and crawled and scooted and moved so quickly we kept having to get more people to come in and help hold her still. This baby is going to get mobile someday. I just know it!

Well, I am going to go and enjoy this family I have been given. I just wanted to let you know why I was absent last night and that they have arrived safely. Grandma drove the entire trip and is now on her way to take a nap. Crazy, I know, but she insisted. Thanks grandma! She wanted Dave to be awake today so he could enjoy our visit. I tell you we are CRAZY blessed in this life. Thanks for loving us and praying for us and for being so excited about our time to visit with each other. You are appreciated. Trish

37 Comments:

At 9:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update and I personally think you should just take this whole time and enjoy being with your family. We love the updates...but most importantly we know how important family time is. Grandma's are just the best! She knew Dave needed the rest. Have a great time together and we will continue to pray for Ashley and the scans, the feedings and the tube removal. God Bless and Take Care!!!

 
At 9:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update and I personally think you should just take this whole time and enjoy being with your family. We love the updates...but most importantly we know how important family time is. Grandma's are just the best! She knew Dave needed the rest. Have a great time together and we will continue to pray for Ashley and the scans, the feedings and the tube removal. God Bless and Take Care!!!

 
At 9:31 AM , Blogger Sunny Day Tag Girl said...

So Happy for you all!!! You deserve that and a lot more!!! Enjoy your family and don't worry about us out here in cyber land...we will be waiting for the WHOLE wonderful story once they have returned home.
Kori

 
At 9:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am just thrilled that you are enjoying some much needed family time! Enjoy every minute of it! And praise God from whom all blessing flow......
-Cari in Arkansas

 
At 9:35 AM , Blogger Just little ole me said...

Praying that Ashley's CT shows what you need it to. Enjoy your family! Take this time to be with them and love em like crazy!

 
At 9:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you all, enjoy your time together! Have a blessed and wonder filled day!
Praying,
Beth

 
At 9:42 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

I am so excited for you and all your good news! Hooray for a bed!! I got one when Addie had RSV, and it was wonderful. Enjoy your time with the entire family, and I'm praying for the results of her latest testing :)

 
At 9:58 AM , Blogger Aunt Boo said...

I am so glad they made it and made it safe! Enjoy them.

Amanda

 
At 9:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Moning my loves,
When I awoke this morning my first prayer was, Lord please get them there safe and just what time that would take place. So happy and thankful God has given you this special blessing of family time together. Enjoy, Enjoy, Enjoy!!! I LOVE YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH. Please give little Miss Ash a hug and kiss from me.
Love NAN,
P.S. THANKS GRANDMA FOR THE DRIVING, SLEEP WELL!!!!!

 
At 10:05 AM , Blogger Rachael said...

oh my goodness that is sooo amazing!! the blessing of family is so amazing : ) : ) even though we'll miss the updates enjoying this time with the family is definitely more important!!! hope this weekend is wonderful and that ashley can start the feedings again soon : )

still prayin..
rachael from pittsburgh

 
At 10:15 AM , Blogger Sunshine said...

This is the BEST thing I have read! This post made me cry and laugh at the same time - how precious! I am SO glad they got there and you sound so happy! Enjoy your day - Sunshine

 
At 10:15 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish - I can just feel the excitement in your post! I am so thankful your precious family is there with you and Ashley. Please Please enjoy every minute with them.

Will be praying for Ashley's feeds and for a much improved CT scan tomorrow. Thank you God for the special people that have come into your life ~ people that care enough to find you a bed and let you decorate.

Love to the entire family,
Jule White

 
At 10:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so happy your family made it and that Ashley is smiling and laughing with them. Yes, I know what you mean by CRAZY blessed. I am glad you got a huge room and a BED! God is so good to us, isn't He? Take the time and enjoy your family! Grandma, what a sweet soul! I will continue to pray for Ashley and for the CT that will take place later in the week!

Stay CRAZY blessed and have a CRAZY good time!

Shari

 
At 10:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time with your family and don't worry about keeping up with the posts! Will keep praying for her to tolerate her feedings and that the chest tube will be able to come out. Poor baby! She wants it out NOW! She's a determined little girl! Yeah! for the big room and your own bed! Hi, Dave, Blake, Allie, and Grandma! Good thing Grandma drove so Dave could get some rest. Hopefully, a nap will allow her to recoup and join the family fun. God is SO good isn't he?
Blessings,
Kathleen in TX

 
At 11:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww Trish, This is just what yours and Ahleys sweet hearts needed. I had to smile the whole time I was reading your post.You can just feel the love and excitment in your words. Enjoy this special time with your family, post when you are able,we're content to wait, we'll all be here waiting to hear about your visit with Dave, Allie, Blake and Grandma. Sweet Grandma, God love her, hope she has a nice rest. Draw that family close and love, love, love. Keeping you all in prayer. God Bless..Karen.

 
At 11:25 AM , Blogger Laurie in Ca. said...

Wow!!! This is the most wonderful news!! Give Grandma the biggest HUG for me and tell her she is the best mom to be thinking about her baby being rested up to see his baby and you. And oh my gosh, the BIGGER room and a real bed, you are indeed CRAZY
BLESSEd and God loves you guys so much. Your heart must be beating double time watching Ashley respond to her Surprise People. She knows it's all about her you know. Have a most wonderful time together, catching up on the love missed over this past month and be renewed and restored in hope of going home soon. Praying for her delicate bowel to keep healing and for her lung to completely settle down. A little more time and I think you will be there. I know she is doing the best she can for a 2 year old.
Just enjoy every minute of time together and fill up on love. I think the real bed was for Grandma to sleep off the drive!!! Have a fantastic visit and you can fill us in later. My heart is overflowing with joy for you right now!!

Love you, Laurie in Ca.

 
At 11:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So happy for you! Family time is the best and I am sure it will help to encourage and lift spirits. So glad Ash is doing much better. I will be praying for her feedings and that nasty tube that she wants out so much. I don't blame her!

 
At 11:54 AM , Blogger KimberlyDi said...

Please take a picture of her smiling! I want to see her happy. You don't have to, but it would be much appreciated.

 
At 11:56 AM , Blogger Gretchen said...

Enjoy! (((hugs)))

 
At 12:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great time with your amazing family!

Moriah from PA

 
At 12:28 PM , Blogger Amy T said...

Awesome! I've been wondering if they made it. Grandma is so sweet and such a blessing! She loves her boy! And the rest of you of course. I am so glad they are there and are having a great time. I know this will make a world of difference in Ashley's healing. Take your time updating. Spend time with your crew. We can wait. (And WooHoo on the bed! You've obviously touched those nurses.)

 
At 12:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am soooo happy for all of you - I could cry myself! May you have a most blessed time together. You will continue to be lifted in prayer. Lou Ann

 
At 12:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

enjoy your day! & your great family! & A great big hello to your tough little cookie! Still praying! All our love!

 
At 1:01 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

Enjoy your family and be crazy blessed forever!!! No updates till family is gone. We all understand!
Michelle

 
At 1:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy, Enjoy! So happy that they are finally there. I found myself counting the days this week!!! Hug those necks and prayers will continue for Miss Ashley. Lovin' that pickle, Colleen

 
At 1:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

A HUGE praise for God and how He has blessed y'all this morning! I'm keeping this brief but just wanted to tell you prayers still coming from this direction for continued improvement on your side! Enjoy your family!!

 
At 2:14 PM , Blogger Paulette said...

I am thankful for all your Blessings Trish, I am mostly thankful that you have your precious family with you right now, I don't worry for you both as much today knowing you are not alone.
I can't wait to hear about all the excitement of your visit later. Have a wonderful crazy Blessed day!!!!so

 
At 2:15 PM , Blogger Paulette said...

oh and what an amazing Grandma to think about Daves time with you all. Crazy Blessed ya'll are indeed!

 
At 2:53 PM , Blogger Holly said...

Praying for a very special time together and for Ashley!
Love,
Holly

 
At 3:24 PM , Blogger Keri said...

I'm rejoicing with you in all the "crazy blessings," most of all, the blessing of being together, complete as a family again! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!!

 
At 4:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just laughing and crying happy tears reading this. Get back to your bunch. We will crank up the prayers for the little plumbing. Enjoy.

 
At 6:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy your time with your family! We'll wait for the updates and pictures :) So glad that you can all be together right mow! God is good! It sounds like the nurses on the floor are taking care of you all! I'm hoping that these 2 days are full of fun and happy moments. Still praying for Ashley's bowel...

 
At 7:34 PM , Blogger susan lewellen said...

Well now! I smiled all the way through the latest update on your family. May God richly bless your time together as you watch Ashley heal. I pray that Christmas will be a quiet day in your own home with you and Dave and the three children gathered together. Enjoy your time for you have earned it. God is so faithful!

 
At 8:37 PM , Blogger Kristy said...

YOU bless us!
Thank you.

 
At 9:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you just love reading all the positive posts. God has poured His blessings on this precious family and am sure they are so enjoying their time together. We pray that Ashley is feeling up to par and getting to enjoy her big brother and big sister and her DADDY! Trish...sit back and relax and enjoy the moment.

 
At 8:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It must be non-stop party around there! I am so excited for you that you got to move upstairs, especially just before everyone got there! Thank you, Grandma, for driving, I had been praying that Dave would be able to enjoy his time there to its fullest instead of dragging due to lack of sleep. Didn't think to pray that someone else would drive! that's awesome! You are all an inspiration to all of us. Praying your visit is filled with only happy memories, and that Ashley's health can keep up with all of you, with no setbacks.

 
At 11:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a blessing to read this post! It is beautiful! Enjoy your time with your family in the big room! Praying for Ash to improve. (((hugs))) ~Chan~

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home