Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

6/16/2008

Beautiful Words

As we sat across from each other in the restaurant this afternoon Dave jokingly said to me, "I thought we were going to lunch with the kids today?"

"We did." I replied. "We just brought all their friends too. Their growing up, and lunch with their friends is a lot more fun than just having lunch with their mom and dad."

And then he spoke some of the most beautiful words I have ever heard him say.

"Growing up is allowed as long as they don't grow apart."

Beautiful. Simply the most beautiful words I have ever heard coming from his father's heart. This is why I love him so much. Being a father to Blake, Allie and Ashley is the most important thing he has to do on his list, and knowing that he knows that touches me deeply. He is a dad first and everything else has to fall in behind that. Truly this man is the most amazing father I have ever seen.

Ashley Kate is lucky girl to have the daddy she has, and by the sparkle that appears in her eyes each time he comes into the room I think she's already figured this out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home