Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

8/16/2008

Two Peas In a Pod




That's what they are. Dave and Ashley Kate. They share a special relationship. It makes my heart smile.

Last night we "banished" her crib back to her nursery(since she no longer has a central line for us to keep a close eye on). I thought I had tucked her in for the night only to find that when I turned around he had scooped her back up and tossed her into the middle or our bed.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"She's not ready for bed yet. We still want to play." He answered with a smile that I still can't resist.

The two of them wrestled and giggled and played as I watched and listened. He doesn't stand a chance with this child. She has him so smitten. When it was time to really put her in bed her little heart was broken. Her cry came across the monitor and his heart was breaking too.

I'll give you two guesses as to what he did. No, he didn't bring her back to our bed, but yes he DID turn on Blue to make this child happy.

"Just to make her first night a little easier." He smiled and snuggled into bed.

So there we lay in our room, Ashley Kate in her room, and Blue Clues still being heard as we drifted off to sleep.

When I got up to check on her I found her big sister sleeping on the floor in front of the crib. Happy to have her back where she belongs.

What are we going to do about this child? She's gotten us all right where she wants us, and not one of us seems to mind.

Life is surely blessed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home