Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

8/05/2008

Two Down

Ugh! Both of our girls are down sick with some kind of allergy drama. The nights with Ash are looooooong around here. I had hoped that Ash would not pick up anything, but unfortunately she has. She woke up Monday morning sneezing. A lot. I watched her through the day and wondered what in the world could make her sneeze that many times. Then came the runny nose. It never stopped. Last night the ear ache hit. This morning her little throat is dry and her cry is hoarse. Yikes! She and Allie sound just alike. Allison had been sick her entire visit to Oklahoma. We really think it was probably an allergy or something in the air from the change in environements. It began the evening after she got there. Ear aches, stuffy nose, runny nose, cough. Last night she continued to complain about her ear during Tae Kwon Do. She has been so careful not to touch Ash, not to breathe on her, not pick her up or cough around her. I'm so thankful Chiropractic does amazing things with ear infections. If it didn't I don't know what we would do!

The good news is that it isn't really slowing them down during the day. Their noses are runny and they cough but they still play. They have no fevers and now that Ash doesn't have a central line I think the worry is a little less than it would have been about infection. One of her incisions is a little red and irritated mainly because she is trying to remove the stitches with her own fingers, but other than that I think she is healing nicely. She did manage to remove the bandages over the incisions just 2 days after her procedure. (That's why she had band aids showing in all of her birthday pictures. I thought band aids looked better than stitches.)

Ash has PT today. I'm not too sure how well she will do since she isn't feeling that great, but were gonna give it a try.

I'm still working on the details post about her party. It's taking much longer than I had expected.

I picked up all of the back packs and they turned out sooo cute! The choices were a little limited so I did the best I could. I did get the information and name of the vendor so that you can order them yourselves if you would like. I will post it for you later on today. I plan on getting them all in the mail over the next day or two. Things have been a little crazy since the girls have been sick. I have not deposited any of your checks yet. I will be doing that early next week(just in case you were wondering why they hadn't cleared yet).

I know this was a random post, but without much sleep I'm afraid my mind is working in random mode. Hope you guys have a great day. Trish

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home