Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

9/29/2008

Reflections

Ash and I were on the run for most of the day. She love, love, loves to go "bye, bye". As soon as I say were going she begins to clap and reach for me to pick her up. The moment we step outside the door she giggles all the way to the car. She does this every single time we leave the house. That in its self is absolutely precious to me, but its what I see each day as we are in the car that touches my heart.

My rear view mirror holds the most beautiful reflections. I glance at it and find her face. Sparkly eyes, rosy cheeks, and gorgeous smile. She spends a good deal of our driving time staring out her window. I have no idea what brings them on, but the smiles. Oh...my...goodness the smiles she shares with me. This child absolutely melts me every single day. I love hanging out with her. She is the happiest baby! No matter where we go or what we have to do she just plays and giggles the whole way there. She loves for me to roll down her window. The wind blows her hair and causes her to squeal in delight. Her little eyes sparkle with excitement. She is so much fun! I roll it up and down and up down just because she loves it so much. My heart is so full of thanksgiving as I watch the joy she gets from such simple things. I make mental notes each day to never forget the way she looks in that mirror. Her little face is changing every day. She is growing and maturing with every single day that passes. Her hair is getting thick and starting to grow. Her face is thinning out and her expressions are so, so sweet. Its like I'm peeking into her world. She has no idea I'm watching her. I pray for her as I stare and I thank God for giving me this child. I can't imagine who I would be without her.

We got a lot of the errands done today for Blake's birthday. We were so blessed to stumble upon a clearance sale when purchasing the necessary water guns to pull off this party. Super Soakers for $3!!! Ash and I both squeeled as we loaded our basket to the top! I know the clerk thought we were crazy when we unloaded them all onto the counter. She has no idea how happy it will make those boys to be able to "drench" the opposing team! Tomorrow we will make an early morning run to Home Depot and then come home to finish our painting before time to pick up the kids and make the runs to ball practice. Wednesday we will pick up the main items of Blake's birthday surprise during Dave's lunch hour and by the evening while Blake is at youth group and Allie is at soccer practice we should load them in and complete the finishing touches. Thursday I will concentrate on the buying of the groceries that it will take to feed 30 12 and 13 year old kids during the party. Friday we will spend the day setting up the command posts, the refill stations, the ammo drops, the mess hall, and filling those water balloons(the amount has increased from 500 to 1000!). Then we will spend the evening running through the woods snapping pictures and taking video to capture the whole event. I can hardly wait!


Although I'm tired I can't help but feel so blessed. Life is wonderful at our house. Its just fun. God is good and we are grateful. Ash is home and she is happy. I couldn't ask for anything more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home