Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

10/02/2008

Our BIG Surprise




Ashley Kate and I woke the house about an hour early this morning so that we could allow Blake enough time to enjoy his birthday gift from Dave and I before school. Can you tell what it was?

We converted(in the late night hours while he slept each night this week) our old classroom into a GAME ROOM for him and his friends. Yeah Us!!! We worked in secret and gave him the surprise of his life. My favorite picture is the one of him walking onto the classroom, I mean game room(I'm going to have to get used to that) and seeing the look on his face. It was PRICELESS!!!

We painted the room, laid a new floor, changed all the fabrics and pillows on the window seat, loaded the shelves with trophies and awards(I only had time to unload one box so there is a lot more work to do on this area), made a wall of fame(again I only had time to frame 9 or 10 shots but plan on doing many more next week. Its my favorite part of the room), put a pool table, a ping pong table, and a dart board in for his gifts, and "poof" the classroom became a game room. He LOVES it and so do we.

I can't tell you how blessed my heart was to see his eyes light up. Making the kids eyes sparkle with excitement is my favorite part about being their mom. We spent about 30 minutes hanging out before it was time to get to school and I'm pretty sure it will be the first place the kids head for tonight after their practices. Dave and I are so excited to have another area to hang out with our kids.

As soon as the kids pulled out of the driveway Ash was fast asleep. 6:00a.m. is too early for her to begin her day so she spent the next few hours sleeping in the middle of the floor.

Now that the surprise has been pulled off we can concentrate on throwing the party. I have lots and lots of grocery shopping, sign painting, water balloon filling, and set up to do by tomorrow evening. Blake and his friends are SO excited. Then we will be off to the baseball tournament and sometime early next week I'm going to take a nap. Until then we just keep going and going and going.

I just wanted to let you all in on what we had been working on all week. Hope you guys enjoy your day and have a great weekend. Take care. Trish

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home