Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

11/10/2008

Figured it out

Our nurse practitioner came in to assess Ash this morning and hear about her weekend. As I shared how she just woke up and snapped out of the "coma" she was in yesterday she began to figure it out. She said, "There is life in her eyes. A little bit of a sparkle that I haven't seen before. Is her clonadine patch still on?"

"I assume it is. I put the new one on her back Friday." Then I looked. "Um...its not on here."

"That's what I thought, " she said. "No wonder she snapped out of it."

So it wasn't her daddy after all(but please don't tell him that). It was actually because she hadn't been on the blood pressure medicine for a few hours. I'm not sure when it fell off, but I assume it was during the night Friday as she slept. She woke up really sweaty with a low grade fever and so I think it may have come off during the night. For now we haven't put one back on.

"I like having our baby back. She's really wonderful". I told her.

"Uh-huh. Lets just think about it for a little while. Hopefully we can get a couple of normal pressures and then decide what to do."

So she figured it out. Ash is looking and feeling better all because a little patch came off of her back. It is amazing to me what a drug can do to a person.

She continues to stool out in higher and higher amounts. Why? We aren't sure. We still have heard nothing from Shreveport. Our flight crew is available, but it doesn't sound like were going to have a place to go. I sure hope we can get out of here, but haven't heard yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home