Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

11/12/2008

Half Way Home

Ash and I have just arrived at my sister's home in Oklahoma. We are so tired! The last hour of the drive was more than difficult. I had to pray that He would literally hold my eyes open. Anyway, 8 hours later we made it half way.

Our plan is to sleep. As late as we possibly can. Then I hope to get to hug the necks of my parents, my sister, (the other one is at Disney World this week), and brother before tackling the last 6 hours. This next part of the trip is a no brainer for me. I have honestly driven it with my eyes closed on more than one occasion.

Our trip has been wonderful so far. The car was filled with Christmas Carols and Blue's Clues. Both of our hearts were happy. Each time I looked in the rear view mirror I would catch her blowing kisses to me. Oh my goodness, this child melts my heart daily. She has been in a wonderful mood all evening. Ash loves to go, go, go and when she figured out she was really going you couldn't wipe the grin off her face. We stopped a couple of times for "technical" issues like alarming pumps, running replacements, and topping off her feeds, but other than that all was smooth sailing. I just can't get over how incredibly good God is to us. I would have never dreamed that we would be heading home today. WOW! is all I can say.

Your genuine, heart felt words have brought tears to my sleepy eyes. I can't even tell you all how very much I love you and appreciate you. What a reunion we will have one day! If you haven't currently got your "ticket" for that reunion then let me know because there is nothing more I look forward to then hugging your necks the very day we arrive in Heaven. I would hate for you to miss out. I still can't believe that tonight I will be sleeping in my second favorite place in all the world, my sister's home. God is amazing. He really is blowing me away!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home