Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

2/22/2009

My Girl


Eleven years ago this morning this beauty entered our world and changed us forever. Her brown hair, brown eyes, flawless complexion, and contagious smile. That's my girl! Allison Brooke kept me on my toes for the first 3 years. They were some of the roughest, draw a line in the sand, power struggling, learning who was boss, experiences of my life, but OH WHAT JOY this beautiful girl has given me. I love her so, so much and my life is blessed because of this child.

As I carried our youngest beauty out to the car in the early morning hours I paused for a moment and stared at Allie's face. She was sound asleep and none the wiser about us leaving for the hospital. Oh, how she has grown and matured. I look at her today with those sparkly ears, manicured nails, cute new hair cut, and try to find my little one in pink sponge rollers, enormous hair bows, and plastic high heels. Where is that little girl I remember so well? Eleven years goes by so quickly. She is on the verge of outgrowing the little girl and becoming the young lady. I'm the lucky one who has the privilege of watching it happen up close.

Allie B. your mom loves you so very much. What a joy it was to celebrate your life with you the past couple of days. I loved every minute of it and I know we will remember this very special birthday for years to come. Thank you for being so wonderful. Thank you for being as silly as your daddy. Thank you for being such a good student. Thank you for being a wonderful big sister. Thank you for being an ornery little sister(it has taught Blake so much). Thank you for being so strong, so independent, so determined. Thank you for being exactly who you are. I love that you know what you want in this life and that you don't stop until you achieve it. I love your never give up attitude on the soccer field. I love the loyalty you show to your friends. I love that you are a miniature version of all the best parts of your daddy and me. I love that you love all things sparkly, flowery, artsy, and creative. I don't understand it, but I love it that you have those things inside of you. I love you more than you will ever know. I'm so sorry I'm not with you today, but SO thankful we had time to do all the wonderful things we had planned. Happy birthday sweet girl. I'm thankful for you and for the privilege I have of being your mom and your friend.


P. S.

I had no idea that my camera had been dropped and broken as I grabbed it and took it along with us to document each and every surprise we had in store for Allie. I took picture after picture and when I arrived home last night all I had was 7 or 8 not so great shots of her eleventh birthday celebration. My heart is so disappointed! On top of that, things began to unravel with our Ashley Kate the last couple of days and we are currently in the hospital expecting to be scheduled in the OR sometime tomorrow. I'll explain late on today. Your prayers for this very weary set of parents, older siblings, and tiny pickle would be so appreciated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home