Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

2/20/2009

A tiny box

I'm almost ready to load the car with heart shaped cookies, ice cream treats, and drinks for Allison's class this morning. I'm so excited! Not about the treats, but about the tiny box I have hidden inside of the cookie box for Allie. She has NO idea what today holds for her. I could wait. I probably should wait, but can't. I want her to have a fantastic day at school today full of jitters, nervous butterflies, and anticipation so large that she can't keep from letting it spill all over her face. So in a little more than an hour from now she will be made aware that one of her dreams will be coming true this very afternoon. I LOVE being a mom!

She has a surprise hair appointment, a surprise manicure and pedicure, and then the big event. We will follow that all up with dinner at her favorite restaurant and then come home to get ready for our day trip tomorrow. It too is full of surprises! My sisters are meeting us with my nieces(Allie has NO idea they are coming) and after a little lunch at her new favorite spot in Dallas( The American Girl Bistro) we will be spending our afternoon ice skating at the Galleria. With brand new sparkly ear rings of all things! I can't believe we are doing this!

Dave and I laid in bed last night and talked about how she has no idea that this dream of hers hurts. She is in for a surprise as they place a little plastic gun loaded with an earring next to her ear lobe and shoot it through! It gives me the creeps just thinking about it! I hope she has the nerve to go through with it twice! What if she wants to stop after one? What will we do with a half ear pierced eleven year old? Oh...my... goodness...! You would think this was transplant surgery or something! I mean I'm really nervous and a little scared for her. I know its not a big deal, but try telling that to my stomach. This is a girl who has NEVER even been poked by a needle! Not even a blood draw. I hope she doesn't cry. I hope I don't cry!

Dave is staying with Ash this morning and then again all afternoon while I run the girls around town to get "beautiful" before our trip tomorrow. I think I'm most excited about her getting to show all of her cousins(who have had theirs pierced for years) that she finally got it done. They are going to be SO excited for her. Try having not one, not two, not three, but FOUR little girls beg you for this for the last FOUR years! It can get exhausting.

Anyway, that's the plan and I'm ready to go. Hope you all have a really blessed day. My stomach is in knots and probably will be till its over. I'm seriously thinking about having Dave go to the actual piercing part for me. I don't want to get sick all over the floor, but I don't want to miss it either. I just wish it wasn't called "piercing". I think that's such a violent word! Then again so is transplant! Wish us( I really mean me) luck. Take care. Trish

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home