Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

3/06/2009

His new passion


February 2009


I may have told you guys once or twice how very much I love my kids. I really do. I not only love them because their my kids, but I love them because they are really cool people. There is nothing I would rather do then spend my time hanging with them. All three of them. Each one of them inspire me to be a better person each and every day because they deserve nothing less from me. I can't help but know how very blessed I am when I look at them.

Its no secret on this blog that my son loves baseball. Its no secret that because he loves baseball we all love baseball. If it were ping-pong(ok, he LOVES that too so much so that he watches championship clips on you-tube to learn new moves. I kid you not! Blake wants to be the best at everything he does. Even ping-pong!) we would love ping-pong, just because we love him. I just have to share with you guys that this week among all of his ball practices he has found a new passion that I'm afraid he and I are both loving almost as much as baseball. Its great! I'm talking really great, and for any of you moms out there who have 13 year old boys you might fall in love with them all over again if they picked up a passion for this too.

Would you like to know what it is? Are you sure you want to know?

Its LAUNDRY. He loves it. He did four loads last night. FOUR! and it only costs me 10cents per item(not including socks). Can you say BARGAIN! Before anyone tries to tell me how wrong this is let me explain.

Blake has his eye on an item. An expensive little item. For him this is unusual. Blake never wants anything. Not even on Christmas or his birthday can I get him to ask us for something. He always tells me, "Whats wrong with being content?" Nothing! I mean its awesome, except when struggling to bless him with a gift. So I know that he really, really would like this little gadget. He has been coming up with extra jobs to do around the house in order to earn some extra cash and save to purchase it himself. He didn't ask us to buy it for him, he wants to earn it himself. This kid has been working hard. Really hard. He has washed all our windows inside and out! I've never done that! Anyway, he discovered laundry after watching me fold load after load this week. He said, "I'll do that for you as one of my extra jobs." HUH? You'll do what? Laundry? My nemesis? For real? "If your serious I'll pay you 10cents per piece." That's what I told him.

Last night he was ecstatic! He was able to get four loads done before bedtime and earned $3.80. This kid is eating, drinking, and sleeping laundry. He's on a mission and the greatest thing is that the job never ends. He finds laundry around the house each and every day. He's cracking me up, not to mention making my life easier. His favorite thing about the laundry? The machines do all the work. According to my son, you spend a few minutes separating it, then you throw it in and while the machine works you hit baseballs, play ping pong, get a snack, check your e-mail, and then "presto" all you have to do is fold it and take it to every one's room. He loves this job!

So as I'm enjoying watching his excitement grow while counting the pieces in each load, I'm thinking to myself that the item he has his eye on may have a little competition. Just think how much he could earn if he had a shiny, new whirlpool set sitting side by side! I'm sure they make more efficient washers and dryers than what we currently have.

I would say that I need to go so I can throw in a load or two, but that wouldn't be nice of me to steal the kids job now would it.

Did I tell you that I love this kid? I really, really do.
Did I tell you how much I love being his mom? I really, really do.

Have a great day! Trish

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home