Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

3/03/2009

Whats going on...

...around here today? Lots of things.

Our sickly baby? She's feeling better! Praise God! Smiley, happy, silly. Her old self is beginning to peek through for the first time in more months than I care to count. She's signing, playing, babbling, spitting, and eating. Yes, I said eating! She ate a jar of baby food today. So encouraging! Her feeds are up to 35ccs and her TPN was just turned down to run over 20 hours instead of 24. She hasn't coughed more than once in over 48 hours! I'm so thankful!

Allison Brooke? One of the two toughest girls I know(guess who the other one is). She did it again. I was determined not to allow her to be robbed of something she had waited so many years for. As the tears continued to roll down her face this afternoon I made up my mind. I took her without telling her what we were doing and as we passed by her eyes got teary and I said, "Lets do it, Al! Lets just do it again. I know your tough enough." Guess what? She did it. She sat there scared out of her mind and allowed them to pierce those ears again and I guaranteed her I would not allow anyone to remove them again. I went to practice tonight and spoke with her coach. I told him if he chose not to play her then so be it, but that her earrings would remain in her ears and that they were not to be taken out under any circumstance. She may play a little. She may play a lot. She may not play at all. I'm not sure what will happen, but I do know that she is one of the two best players that team has and if they choose not to put her on the field then that's their loss. Allie is so nervous because she is scared about not being allowed to play, and she LOVES soccer and is REALLY good at it(I'm not just saying that cause I'm her mom. I say it because she has worked hard at it for 13 seasons over the past 7 years). She doesn't want to miss any of the games, but this is only one season and we're gonna show up each week and take the field with those ears covered and if she is sidelined then she is, but if she's not then she'll be there to score goals for her team. I knew as soon as we walked into the house that I had made the right decision. She went straight to my room and retrieved her new jewelry holder and with a smile a mile wide hung it back up in her room. That smile told me that we did the right thing. Soccer or no soccer this was important to my daughter and that made it important to me.

Blake? He informed me today that he has a two line solo in the school play. That cracked us up! Everyone who knows my son knows that singing is not his strength. I'm serious when I tell you that he's awful! We laughed so hard at this announcement. Our only hope so as not to have him humiliated in front of the entire school? We think he has a tournament that weekend and will be out of town for both performances. They decided to double cast him just in case. Our fingers are crossed for that tournament to be waaaaaaay out of town! Just wait until I tell you what role he was cast in. Are you ready? A thorn. I can't even picture this. Whats worse than that? They made my beautiful Allie a thorn also. Unbelievable! A thorn! Blake is cracking up and Allie is trying not to cry. Other than the whole solo issue he's just been working hard each and every day of the week playing ball. He's got practice each day of the week except for Fridays and if were not on the road traveling then he's in the cage working out. Its a pretty great life for a kid who loves baseball as much as mine.

Me and Dave? Just keeping on keeping on. Its what we do. Day in and day out loving our life, our kids, our practice, and each other. Our anniversary is quickly approaching and we will be celebrating 16 years of marriage. I find that unbelievable! I really do. The time has flown by and I can't even remember my life before him. I really love that guy and I'm so very thankful for him.

Well, its time to tuck the pickle in bed. She's rolling around on the rug waiting for me to pick her up. Just wanted to touch base with you guys and let you know the goings on around her. Hope your families are well. Take care. Trish

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home