Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

4/15/2009

Today I'm...

Thankful for this little girl and thankul she can do this...



I am reminded not to take what she can do for granted. There are many, many mommy's out there who would trade places with me in a moment just so they might see their little one have the ability to sit independently and play. My Ashley can do both of these things and as I sit and watch her this afternoon I am thankful. I love her so much and I'm so grateful she can sit up. She is not confined to her chair and she can move all of her limbs. She has a strong mind and the ability to communicate through her hands and I'm concentrating on all of those things as her final evaluation approaches.

She is having a really good day. She feels good, is happy, is playing, and looks great. Full feeds are agreeing well with her and I look forward to the day when she begins to take a little by mouth again. At this time she has fork in one hand and wooden banana in the other(from her kitchen set) and seems to be studying them intently.

We have a busy weekend coming up. Ash has a final evaluation with the school district to determine what services they will provide. Then we have a baseball and a soccer tournament on the schedule. Our plan is to watch a little of both the kids and run back and forth between Bossier, LA and Longview. What a blessing it would be if the game times worked out. Allie's is scheduled to play at 9, at 1, and at 5 on Saturday for pool play. I haven't heard Blake's bracket yet. Then tournament play will take place on Sunday. We're going have a great weekend and I'm so thankful Ash is feeling good this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home