Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

7/11/2009

Just had to share...

...that our almost 4 year old girl laid her head on my shoulder today and whispered so quietly "my ma,ma,ma,mama". PRICELESS and as I lay here tonight trying to find sleep I can't keep my heart and my lips from smiling over the memory of that moment. She's in there. I know it. She has been all along and one day our sweet girl will talk to us using her voice right along with her hands. I really believe that she will.

She's been doing lots and lots of babbling this week and making lots and lots of sounds. Most of them are just really squeaky and uncoordinated, but to our ears they are more than beautiful. Truly more. I could sit and listen to the happiness that spills from inside of her and falls off her tongue every moment for the rest of my life and NEVER EVER grow tired of those sounds. I've listened to her silence for far too long and even though to some it may sound like not much of anything, to me it is nothing short of miraculous.

Yesterday she asked or rather signed to "stand up". Not once, not twice, but three times! I'm so very proud of this baby gherkin. So very proud.

Someday. Just hold on and keep praying. This girl is going to tell her story with her own voice while standing on her own two legs. I really think she is.

What a joy it is to be her mommy and to have this front row seat. Life is blessed. Goodnight. Trish

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home