Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

4/07/2010

Good night Sweet heart

My dear sweet Ashley Kate,

Its very, very late or I guess I should say very, very early. You my sweet girl were allowed a very long nap while your brother and I went to hitting practice tonight. Why? I'm not real sure, but its in the past and it happened so now you and I sit here paying the price. Together.

To be honest my sweet girl, I would have it no other way. I'd sit up with you any night, any time because I know how very precious these moments are with you. I love you Ash. I love you so very much. Even though I know our day will be starting very early and we will both be moving slowly because of our late night adventure.

Ash, I could look at you a million times and never grow tired. Each time I stare into your face I fall in love with you more and more. Your eyes are sleepy. Although I know you are disagreeing with me. They are beautiful and heavy, and tired, and so sleepy. Your hands are the tiniest, the softest, and the most amazing that I have ever felt inside of mine. I love to hold them. I love to hold you. I just do.

Ashley Kathrine Adams, if you don't drift off to sleep soon then I'm afraid you may be lying in that big girl bed of yours all alone because this mommy is struggling to keep her eyes open. Yes, I know you are helping me by sticking your fingers into them. I appreciate it, I really do since they are so soft, but I'm losing the battle. Yes, I do hear you saying "up" again and again(did I forget to mention that Ash is saying the word "up" now? She is. For real and using it in context. She understands what it means and her "p" sound is so amazing. So amazing). I can't pick you up anymore tonight. Its time to go to sleep. Please? Lets go to sleep.

So goodnight sweet heart, I'll be back in to wake you up shortly that is if you do decide to sleep for a moment or two.

Mommy loves you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home