Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

6/16/2013

Father's Day

I could write a THOUSAND words about the father he is to her...but...even at a thousand I fear I would fail to capture just who he is to this little girl.  Instead of writing until your tired of reading I thought I'd show you who he is through my sweet Ashley's eyes.  She is... after all... the expert on telling you with those eyes of hers how very much she loves the man she doesn't have the voice to call her daddy.

If there were ever a gift I could give to him on this Father's Day it would be her sweet voice saying for the first time in her life..."daddy".  How I wish it were in my power to make that happen for him.    

How do I know how Ashley Kate feels about her daddy on this day?  I know because she "told" me so. 



Its the look on her face that tells me how much she loves her daddy.


Its the safety that she feels when wrapped in his arms as he carries her everywhere her little legs can not carry her that tells me how much she loves her daddy.



Its the way she hugs him as tight as her little arms can that tells me so LOUDLY how much she loves her daddy.



Its the sound of her laughter when he whispers and shares secrets with her that tell me how much she loves her daddy.


Its the way she gets to experience this life even though her little body doesn't allow her to go here or there on her own that tells me how much she loves her daddy.  If she's" been there" or been blessed to "do that" its because he made sure she got to.


Its the way she reaches out to touch him that tells me how much she loves her daddy.




Its all the silly moments they share together that tell me how much she loves her daddy.




Its the sweetest moments she shares with only him...the quiet times...the precious squeezes hugs, and "xmo'" that she gives to only her daddy that tells me how much she loves him.



Its the little glances between her and him, the tiny grins, and the loudest giggles that tell me how much she loves her daddy.



Its the way they snuggle up together after a long day and watch Myth Busters that tell me how much she loves her daddy.


I could go on and on and on about the daddy that he is to her and about the way she loves her daddy, the only one she's ever known, the one God chose for her, the one who would move heaven and earth for her.  I could write for eternity and probably never fully help you understand who he is to her, but I won't.  I'll simply say this...Ashley Kate loves her daddy like no other...and I know the feeling is mutual.  Two peas in a pod.  He loves her and she loves him and I for one KNOW how good it feels to watch the two of them together.

Happy Father's Day to the most amazing daddy I've ever seen.  You've given her your all and you've never given up on her.  I love you for that.  Today and forevermore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home