Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

10/23/2006

One smile is all I need..

After such and exhausting day full of struggle my sweet Ashley just gave me the one thing I needed to keep on going. All it takes is to see a smile on her face and all of the trouble and worry seems to disappear. It has to be the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. I wish I had a way to share it with each one of you who have been hanging on waiting for that smile just as I have. Nothing else seems to matter when you look into her face and see her grin. It is all going to be o.k. She will be strong enough to make it through tomorrow.

Tonight it has been 4 weeks since Ashley received her gift of life. Tonight it has been 4 weeks that I have been able to hold my sweet baby and wait for a smile to come across her sweet face. Tonight it has been 4 weeks since my faith was renewed by the gift my daughter received. Tonight it has been 4 weeks since I began looking into her eyes to see not one gift from the Father but now two. Tonight it has been 4 weeks that I have not only held Ashley close to my heart but also the tiny life who gave her so much. Tonight it has been 4 weeks since my heart fell in love with a family out there who looked passed their own despair to reach out to ease mine. Tonight it has been 4 weeks since I have learned the true meaning of sacrifice. Tonight it has been 4 weeks since I have been so humbled by the act of kindness given to my Ashley by a stranger who she may never meet. Tonight it has been 4 weeks since I began praying for our daughter's donor family. I hope they can feel His strength and His presence in the midst of their grief. As I prepare to search for the words to write to our donor family I pray He will guide me.

We are looking forward to a night to rest after such a long day. We have one of our very favorite nurses with us tonight and that tells me it is going to be a good night. She is a gift from the Father to us and I am so thankful we have her. I am praying for Ashley to get some rest tonight. She is so very sleepy. Tomorrow will be a long day for her as she faces yet another surgery. If she comes to mind tomorrow we would cherish each moment you could spend in prayer for her. Your prayers are so valued by all of us and I know she is stronger because of each one who prays for her. We love you all for loving us and for loving Ashley. Good night.

3 Comments:

At 8:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for you & thanking Jesus for that smile that Ashley was able to give you tonight. Dear Father in Heaven.....we pray that you will give Trish your peace that surpasses all understanding tomorrow as the medical team takes Ashley away from her. Guide them in everything they do with regard to her care. Protect her from any outside things that may try to attack her deminished immune system....give her strength to come out of this surgery / procedure....fighting....(in other words... keep her calm enough ...but allow her to quickly have no need for the vent & be able to return to room air.) Shine rays of YOU all around this family Lord....our hearts desire is for Your healing to be on Ashley. Help each of us to understand that it isn't in our time but yours. Our hearts pray that YOUR time is soon...but we want YOUR will to be done & YOU know things we do not know. Thank you Jesus for everything you have done....thank you for giving your life on the cross so that we may live. The ultimate sacrifice....for us....your children.....Thank you...we praise you & trust in you....& believe that good things are to come even before they are visable...we believe...with you Lord all things are possible. Amen.

 
At 9:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a blessing for you to see such a sweet smile on your daughters face. Hold on to that smile as she goes to surgery. I pray that the Lord gives you peace beyond understanding tomorrow as the surgery takes place. What a huge heartache it must be to see your child in such pain. I can only imagine that the Father feels the same pain in his heart for you and your family. He listens to your fears. But the Good News is that Christ will comfort you as you wait. He is always with you. I pray that tonight you and Ashley and your sister receive rest. I also pray Christ will place steady hands upon the medical staff. Keep up the great job of being Ashley's mom.
Many blessings are yet to come.

 
At 11:54 PM , Blogger Troy and Melanie said...

We will be praying for Ashley and her surgery tomorrow. We are so glad that she smiled for you again tonight....God knows just when we need a pick me up. We pray for your much needed rest so that you can renew your strength for tomorrow. We will all continue praying for you all long after you and Ashley are back at home. Your family will forever be in our hearts. May God bless you and keep you in His loving arms tonight. Much love and prayers.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home