Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

10/22/2006

Saying Good-bye

How heavy my heart is tonight as I prepare to say good-bye to Dave and Allison. I am trying not to let the tears fall as I think about how long it will be until I see them again. As Allison was playing with Ash tonight I watched her little eyes fill with tears and I knew what she was thinking before she even spoke. How sad she is that this is the last night she will spend with Ash. I wish Ashley had been feeling better this weekend so they could have done more together. Each time Ash would cry or become uncomfortable Allie would look at us and say I will be right back. She has such a hard time with watching Ashley not feel good. I am so proud of how helpful and how unselfish Al has been this week. She amazes me as I watch how much she has changed and matured this past month. I love this little girl that God made, and I am so thankful I get to be her mom.

What a joy it was to talk to Blake tonight. He had a wonderful weekend and a really great time at the tournament. Thank you Coach Stuckey for being so great to him. He was thrilled to get to hang out with his buddy. I am looking forward to seeing Blake as soon as he gets a break from his schedule. Ashley misses him so much, and so does his mom.

I wish so much that we could all stay together during this time. I know God is working out the details of Ashley's recovery and I am confident that He knows the day and the time when we will all be back in the same house. I am so thankful that God has given me Dave to parent our children with. I know that if we were not such good friends this would be devastating to our marraige. With him I can trust that Blake and Allison will be taken care of while I am away. I know he can trust me to take care of Ash too. I am not saying this is easy for us, because the separation is one of the hardest things we have ever been through, but I know that we are a team and our goals are the same. How I wish we could make our little Ashley healthy, but this is out of our control. We are learning to depend on the Father for everything in our lives and we have learned we would be hopeless without our faith in Him. Some days I wish I knew the plans He had for us and other days I am so thankful that I don't know. I do know that He is wise and He is good and He is working in our babies life and in the life of our family. So tonight I will rest in Him and rely on Him to dry the tears that are beginning to fall. I will trust Him to take care of Ashley through the night, to take care of Blake while he sleeps, to bring David and Allie home safely, and to give me the strength to go on for another day without us all being together.

Once again I will tell each one of you what an important part of Ashley's story you are. We love you all so very much and we will never be able to say Thank you enough times to relay what our hearts truly feel for your love, your time, your care, and your prayers for our family. May God Bless each of you and your families tonight. May He keep you all together and may He bring my family back together very soon. Good night.

3 Comments:

At 10:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish, I know how sad you are right now because Dave and Allie have to leave and my heart aches right along with you. I can only say that I'm praying for you and Ashley - I know she will miss them, too. I'm thankful that Toni will be there with you for a while. I know that you will feel the peace and comfort that only our Father can give you as there will be so many praying for you. I hope I get a turn very, very soon to come and see you and Ashley again. My prayer is that ya'll won't have to stay there much longer; I'm continuing to pray for that miracle that brings you both home much sooner than the doctors expect!!! Love and Hugs to you all! Grandma

 
At 10:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish, I can not imagine how hard it must be to be away from your family & to have to say bye to Dave & Allie. We had a brief moment in time to deal with that with Josh. But it was Dallas.... Nothing like you guys are dealing with. I pray that Jesus will help this trouble Ashley is having with the feedings....& continue to heal her. Oh, what a blessed day it will be to have you all back in Longview ....all together. From one mom to another....if there is anything we can do to help make it a tiny bit easier....please ...let us know. Meals....dropping the kids off for something....picking them up.....whatever. Let us know. Of course ...you have our prayers. That is a given. (= Hope Aunt (Toad)? made it there safe.....or will soon make it there. Too bad on the wrong turn....Yikes...that was a doozie. (70 miles) Praying for safe travel for David & Allie in the morning. Many...many hugs to you guys....I know there are no words to take it all away or to make everything "normal" again. I am thankful for the strenght of your friendship with David & that your marriage is built with God first.... this has to be difficult but God will pull you & your family...through it all. Gnight.

 
At 11:58 PM , Blogger Troy and Melanie said...

I know how your hearts are aching having to say good bye....but it is only temporary. I know that God will provide a way for you to be together again soon. We continue our prayers for your family, and hope that everyone arrives safely to their destination. We also continue lifting up all the other families that are there in the hospital with you. And especially little Jermiah's family.....how their hearts must ache for their little boy. Just remember when you are feeling worried just give it all back to Him, that is what He wants us to do....rest in Him. Many prayers for you and your precious little gherkin....we love you guys and can't wait to get you back to TX with the rest of your family!! Just remember His timing is perfect.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home