Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

11/21/2006

Ashley's day...

Ashley's day has been a little slow so far, but things will begin to pick back up again around 3:00. Today they will scope Ash's new intestine to look for any unusual signs. So far all of her biopsy's have shown normal cells and we have been given the most "beautiful" pictures of it. I am praying for the same to happen today. After the scope they will actually turn her feeds back on and instead of one "thimble" full of formula at a time she will receive 2! Blessed beyond measure is how we are feeling about this new. She will be allowed 10ccs an hour. I am very excited they feel like we are ready for an increase. Ash has a very sore throat from the breathing tube that was in during her procedure yesterday. She is coughing and crying because it is so sore. She seems a little sad today because of this, but other than that she looks really good. She is now taking her 1st nap of the day and I am planning on joining her soon.

We are so happy that Dave will be here in less than 12 hours. I can't wait to see him. He is so happy that Ashley is not on the ventilator and that he will be able to hold her and play with her as much as she can stand. I am even looking forward to listening to him sing to her. One of my personal favorites of his is "Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat!" then something about "putting a penny in the old man's hat?" I love to listen to him sing this song because it comes from a heart that is full of happiness and joy. When he pulls this one out I know he is happy!

I am so very thankful for all that He is doing in the life of my family. Today He has blessed me with a new friend who is walking a road that almost is parallel to mine. How wonderful it is to hear how He is just as involved in her daughter's every breath as He is in our Ashley's. He really is a big God and a loving Father.The experience of Ash's life has shown me just how incredible He is. He is busy taking care of all of us, but not to busy to take care of more. I am so thankful.

Thank you to all who have taken the time to check in on Ashley's story. I have been so blessed to be able to share our good times along with our bad with so many who love her. Your friendship is at the top of my "Thankful List" this year. My list is getting so long this year it may have to be consider a book! Take care today and enjoy the feeling of thankfullnes this week. Nothing quite compares to a thankful heart. God Bless. Trish

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home