Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

11/20/2006

She Looks GREAT!!!

I am so excited to report to everyone that I think Ashley looks GREAT! She has never looked so good or so comfortable after a procedure. She is a little puffy and swollen, but I think she looked that way before she ever went in. She is now sitting up in a hot pink boppy pillow watching Blues Clues and chewing on the camel from her nativity set. She is NOT on the ventilator and I am praising God for His goodness. She is breathing comfortably at this point and is not showing an elevation in her temp or her blood pressure. I think she looks phenominal! I could not be happier. The report I was given is that the tube is in place and that we are actually going to begin feeding her 5ccs per hour today. I am so happy. The feedings will be the true test. We will know very shortly if things are going to work for her or not, but I can't help but tell you that I think we may have finally figured it out. Thank you so much for praying.

Now I will make a little confession. My toothache is coming from a wisdom tooth that I am too chicken to have taken care of. I am a firm believer that He did not make a mistake when He gave me these wisdom teeth. I just don't know why they have to hurt so bad! They must have been placed in my mouth for a reason. Why are they even called wisdom teeth? I am hoping the pain will just go away and I can go back to ignoring them. I wonder if they can actually make me sick? At this point they are just causing my left jaw, left ear, left side of my head and left side of my neck to hurt. Oh yeah the left side of my throat too. If all of that would just stop then I would feel just fine. Hopefully He is planning on taking care of that for me. If not I will just have to suffer because I am not going to let somebody cut out my teeth. That just doesn't even sound "doable" to me. I am such a wimp!

I am going to go try and take a little nap now that my sweet Ashley is no longer under the anesthesia. Hopefully she will like that idea and we will both get some rest. Thank you so much for checking on us. I am feeling optimistic that all of this has been worth it today. I will give more details about how things go with the feedings this evening. Take care guys.

9 Comments:

At 3:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea-Hey!!!!! I clicked on "Journal" and I closed my eyes really quick and said, "Lord, please let this be good news. This family needs something good to happen today." I was so happy to read that She Looks GREAT!!! Wow! What an answered prayer. Can't wait to check tonight to see if she's able to hold this down. She will - no question about it. Well, we are praying that way anyway. Get some rest - both of you. Much love from Longview!

 
At 3:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHAT WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!! PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm doing the happy praise dance - well as good as I can do it here in the office. Let's just say my heart is more than dancing. Love and Hugs, Grandma

 
At 3:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so thankful that God has once again shown His mighty power in answering your prayers today. What a tremendous blessing He has provided you with today ....right at Thanksgiving. Your family has shown such strength on this website and I continue to be blessed beyond measure reading about each one of you. May God Bless Ashley's feedings tonight.

 
At 3:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am SO glad that the surgery went well. I'll be praying that the food goes to the right place. I'll also be praying for you too, Trish. I had my wisdom teeth removed - and it really wasn't that bad, but it does take a day or two out of your life and I know you'd rather spend that with Ashley.

 
At 5:31 PM , Blogger Mrs. C said...

What wonderful news! Will continue to pray for you and your family. Found your journal via In The Midst of It and have been checking in and praying for Ashley ever since.

 
At 7:27 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Hooray for a good afternoon! I'm so glad Ashley is comfortable. I'm praying for her feeds to go perfectly!!

I wonder the same thing about wisdom teeth, too, but I had mine out when I was 18--they were causing all sorts of problems! If they bother you badly enough you might consider giving in and getting them out (it's really not that bad); in the meantime, I'm praying that they'll behave! :) That's the last thing you need right now!

 
At 7:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Ashely is looking great. :0) God is good!

 
At 8:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

PRAISE GOD!!!!!

 
At 9:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray! Hooray! Rejoicing with you that Ashley's surgery appears to have gone VERY well! Thank you, God, for your presence and work during her surgery.... Thank you for guiding the hands of the doctors and for protecting Ashley's fragile body. We praise YOU for her life. Amen, AMEN!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home