Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

11/18/2006

She finally Said "It"...

She did it! I actually heard it! Last night as my sweet Ashley was refusing to sleep I had leaned back in my recliner and I heard this very tiny, scratchy voice say, "Ma ma". I thought I had dreamed it so I sat up and looked at her then she said it again, and again, and again. I asked her, "Ashley, do you love mama?" and she nodded her head "yes". We played this question and answer game for a long time as I listened to the sweetest sound I have heard since coming to Omaha. "Ashley, who loves you?" She proudly replied, "My mama". Oh! how much I enjoyed it. Just when I need it the most He continues to lift me up and bless my heart. I love that He knows my every thought and my every need. As scratchy and hoarse as she is it was absolutely the most beautiful, little voice I have ever heard.

Just to make sure I wasn't dreaming I have asked Ashley to say it over and over again this morning. Sometimes she just shakes her tiny head "no,no" and grins, and other times she will say it for me. I love this little girl. We are practicing all day so that her Daddy can hear her when he arrives on Tuesday.

Ash will start a new blood pressure medicine this morning. Her blood pressures have been very high for a couple of days now. She is also coughing up a bunch of "junk" so she has to sit up for awhile. She is sleepy because of her refusal to rest at night, so she is starting to be a little grumpy at me. I don't mind. I actually enjoy seeing her display a little attitude. It is really kinda of cute at this point as she shakes her head "no" to me and waves her little hands as I try to give her toys to occupy her time.

The weekends are long and slow around here, especially when Dave is not here. We are counting down the days until his arrival. I can't wait for him to come hang out with us girls. I am so thankful we don't have a kitchen for him to "get his groove going" here in Omaha. If only you all could see him dance. It always provides a good laugh for all of us. I am just glad he found something to do while the kids were away. Please pray that he will just go to Taco Bell today and stay out of my kitchen!

3 Comments:

At 11:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATS..... you heard your precious name. What a blessing today. I'm so thankful she's beginning to show more and more of her own personality again. It must be a JOY to see. Still praying.

 
At 2:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wahoo! Praise the Lord!

 
At 6:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How precious.....& how long you have waited to hear her say that....oh....that is wonderful & exciting!! PRAISE....!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home