Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

11/16/2006

A Thankful Heart

One of my favorite things in the world is a thankful heart. I love to see thankfulness in the heart of my children. As long as they express their gratitude for the things in their life there is absolutely nothing I would not do for them. As I tuck them into bed each night before I leave the room I always say, "I am thankful for you." Last year one of Blake's school assignments was to keep a journal. On one of the entries he was instructed to list some of his favorite things to hear. The one that touched my heart the most was when he included on this list that we always told him how thankful we were for him. To know that at 10 years of age it mattered to him to know how thankful we were to have him blessed me so much. I never want Blake, Allison, or Ashley to ever wonder if I value them. They are what I am most thankful for in my life. Of all the things in the world that I could have grown up to be I am so thankful that He chose to make me a mom. It is the absolute best job in the world. There is no paycheck large enough that could ever equal the value of their thankful hearts.

Our house has been buzzing with excitement all week about tomorrow's Thanksgiving activities at the school. Blake and Allie are so excited about the upcoming Thanksgiving break. We have home schooled the children since Blake turned 2 years old and this is their first year to go to school outside of our home. So this Thanksgivig Break is their first official school holiday out of school. Now that is something to be thankful for. They had no homework tonight and that was another thing to be thankful for. They are traveling to their cousins house tomorrow so add one more to their list of things they are celebrating. Ashley came off of the ventilator today and they expressed their thanksgiving and excitement over the phone on their way home from school today. Thanks mom for having them call to share their excitement with me. I really needed that today. Nothing blesses me more than to listen to those tiny hearts show their thanksgiving.

Tonight my list of things I am thankful for would take hours for me to list so I promise not to keep you reading for more than just a few moments. I would just like to share with you all that my heart is bursting with thanksgiving as I look at my tiniest child in her bed tonight. She is breathing room air all on her own and she has not been able to do that for more than 12 days now. I am so thankful. My Ashley received the gift of life from a tiny person who lost theirs, and tonight I am thankful for that gift. He chose to give me the most amazing little girl to call my own and He granted me the very desire of my heart the day He gave her to me. Tonight I am more than thankful for that gift. He has given me a loving husband who can look past my faults and see deep into my heart at what it is I really am striving to be and I am thankful for him. He gave me an immediate family, an extended family, and thousands of new "family" to love and support me daily as they take my child before Him in prayer. Tonight I am thankful. Lastly I would like to say that He loved me when I didn't deserve to be loved, He saved me when I did nothing to deserve saving, and He continues to forgive me daily when I have earned none of that forgiveness. I would say that tonight I have a thankful heart. I love you guys and pray for His hand to be on you all tonight and always. Good night.

3 Comments:

At 11:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trish...Just wanted to let you know how much your honesty touches my heart... praying for Ash tonight that she will ease....& not struggle so much tonight..& that things will get better soon. She has become a part of our family ....my children ask about her daily & pray for her daily too. (= There is nothing more priceless than to hear the sweet voice of a child praying to God. Night...night....

 
At 12:23 AM , Blogger Troy and Melanie said...

Father, we thank You for this family and their testimony they have so honestly allowed all to see through reading Ashley's journal. You have given so many s story of inspiration through faith, hope, and love. We just pray that You would continue to hold Trish close, I can't imagine all the emotions that she feels each day, but You know what she needs, and we just pray that You would answer the prayers, before they are even lifted to You. It is hard not to fear or worry, even though we know You are in control. Continue to give this family the strength they need to get through each and every day. Be with Ashley as she goes through the withdrawels, ease her fears. We thank You for another day with this precious little baby, and pray that You would continue to touch the lives of all who read her story. We love You Father. In Your Precious Name I Pray, Amen.

 
At 8:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

One new thing that our family has to be thankful for this year is Ashley, her family and their testimony. She has touched our lives and been a constant reminder of who God is and why we are truly here... to give Him honor and praise! Thank you for sharing and not holding back... we are blessed by it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home