Ashley's Story

She will leave fingerprints all over your heart

11/16/2006

Strength

Strength is something I admire and wish that I had. Today I have sat back and watched my sweet Ashley exhibit hers. Compared to my daughter and the strength that she shows everyday as she endures all that her life entails, I am a wimp. My tears flow as she conquers each and every thing that comes her way. I wish I was as strong as this little one. Ashley is now struggling with the withdraws that come from being on such strong medications for such a long time. I am watching her little arms and legs shake as she tries with all her might to ignore what is taking place in her tiny body. She has slept through a good part of the day, but when she is awake her little body is out of her control. As my tears flow for her, she holds on to her hands determined to make them stop. She does not allow herself to cry, not even one tear, but I can see the fear in her eyes. Today is a hard one and I wish I was strong.


Ash is not the only member of our family who exhibits strength during a difficult time. As I fall apart over things like apartments, cars, missing my kiddos, lack of sleep, lonliness, etc. etc. I watch this incredible man hold it all together. He is the one who is full of strength. He must figure out how to make this adventure we are on happen. He is keeping it together for Blake and Allie, running a buisiness, watching me fall apart every time that he leaves, saying good bye time and time again to his youngest daughter and so much more. All I do is take care of our Ashley, but Dave does the rest. As we struggle to figure out how to make it through to the other side I am watching him grow, and my respect for him continues to grow too. His strength comes from Christ and his relationship with Him. To watch him pray for his children and pour his heart out to God for his family touches me deep in my soul. I know that we can do this because He is providing strength to our family through my husband. I love you Dave for being the strong one.

If you could see my swollen eyes and red face today you would know how weak I truly am. This has been a day filled with struggles and doubts about things that I wish were not our reality. I wish we had the answers and the direction for what will happen to us once we leave this place, but we don't and He tells us that today's events are enough for now. I am not to worry about tomorrow, becaue He holds that in His hands. Knowing that He is control is one thing, but actually stepping out of the way and allowing Him to work is another. This evening I am going to try and do a better job of that. His stength is perfect when my strength is gone. I'm just being a wimp and I am glad that He loves me anyway.

3 Comments:

At 5:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

For Trish ~

"I am the LORD your God, who holds your right hand, and I tell you, 'Don't be afraid. I will help you." Isaiah 41:13

For Ashley ~

"I praise you because you made me in an amazing and wonderful way." Psalm 139:14

For Dave ~

"He comforts us everytime we have trouble, so when others have trouble, we can comfort them." 2 Corinthians 1:4

For Blake ~

"If God is for us, who can be against us?" Romans 8:31

For Allie ~

"May the Lord lead your hearts into God's love and Christ's patience." 2 Thessalonians 3:5

Dave, Trish, Blake, Allie and Ashley... we are praying for you still! :O)

 
At 6:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reaching through the internet to give you a cyber hug, and still praying for all of you. God is our refuge and our strength. May He comfort all of you...

 
At 7:05 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

It's okay when you're a "wimp," because He has enough strength to carry you through. Lean on your Daddy's strength, and don't beat yourself up for feeling weak and discouraged! Anyone would be at this point! Even Christ was feeling weak and discouraged the night before His death, when He was in the garden.

(And from what I've read from you over the last couple months, you are anything BUT a wimp! Your continual hope and strength are an inspiration to many, and your praise through hardship glorifies Him in a mighty way!!)

I'm praying for rest for you and Ashley both tonight, and for options for her feeding that are easier on her.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home